winload.exe is killing me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winload.exe is killing me!

windows will not start unless the installation disc is in. The computer does not boot to the disc (apparently), but will only start if the disc is in. Without it, I get an issue with: windows\system32\winload.exe.

I have tried to repair it with the installation disc, but it cannot find a problem. I cannot boot into safe mode for some reason.

This all began after I unfortunately messed around with my hard drives and now it just won't act right. Help!!
    Friendlyphil

System Info:
    Gigabyte GA-P45T-ES3G Rev. 1.3
    Intel Core2 Duo E8400 LGA775 3GHz
    Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4670
    Aero Cool i-curve box
    2-WD 640GB HD's
    Kingston 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Bios V. F1

Re: winload.exe is killing me!

Is this windows 7? If so, remove all other hard drives, and any USB sticks or drives connected.

Then put in the install DVDk and bootup like you are installing windows, then choose startup repair and let it repair the startup files. This may need to be done 2-3 times, not more than 3 though, but if it fails the first two times do it once more before you give up and put your other drives back to look for another fix. I'm not sure why sometimes it takes 2-3 tries, but I know it's true, not always though as it usually only takes once.

Comment

Thanks Lsdmeasap! Your solution worked. Thanks for the help.............
      Friendlyphil

System Info:
      Gigabyte GA-P45T-ES3G Rev. 1.3
      Intel Core2 Duo E8400 LGA775 3GHz
      Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4670
      Aero Cool i-curve box
      2-WD 640GB HD's
      Kingston 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
      Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
      Bios V. F1

Comment

Awesome to hear that you were able to get this sorted out without any further hassles!

Post back anytime if you need more help with anything!

Comment

Working...
        X