No announcement yet.

AsRock A75*Pro4-M - Power and Fans but no video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock A75*Pro4-M - Power and Fans but no video.

I just returned the motherboard from my HTPC (build below). I installed all the system components and powered up the system. I got the no OS boot message which I expected. I went into the bios and saw that All my memory was detected, CPU temps looked good mid 30's. It detected my DVD drive and all hdds / ssd. Thought all was cool so I rebooted to the SSD firmware cd to update the drive firmware (known issue with this drive). Updated the firmware and rebooted. From that point on I had no video. Things I tried: I reseated the monitor connection, cleared cmos settings, reseated all cables connecting to the board. Removed all drive connections, removed memory modules. Still no video, no beeps even without memory. All new components. Also note that the machine gets power and the fans run. I think returning the board was the answer. Also, when I received the board the anti static bag had no sticker sealing it. Does AsRock do that or was the board a return? It's already on it's way back. Just wondered if there was anything else I could have done to troubleshoot it.

HTPC build:

CPU: AMD A6-3670K*
    CPU Cooler: Scythe Shuriken*Rev.B*SCSK-1100
    Motherboard: AsRock A75*Pro4-M
    Memory: G.SKILL 8GB DDR3 2333
    Case Antec Fusion*Remote*Black
    PSU: Antec*EA-430D*Green
    SSD: Crucial 64GB CT064M4SSD2
    Wifi*Card: ASUS PCE-N15
    Seagate 1.5 TB SATA
    Samsung 1.5 TB SATA
    Generic DVDRom SATA

Re: AsRock A75*Pro4-M - Power and Fans but no video.

Originally posted by robroy911 View Post
    I just returned the motherboard from my HTPC (build below). I installed all the system components and powered up the system. I got the no OS boot message which I expected. I went into the bios and saw that All my memory was detected, CPU temps looked good mid 30's. It detected my DVD drive and all hdds / ssd. Thought all was cool so I rebooted to the SSD firmware cd to update the drive firmware (known issue with this drive). Updated the firmware and rebooted. From that point on I had no video. Things I tried: I reseated the monitor connection, cleared cmos settings, reseated all cables connecting to the board. Removed all drive connections, removed memory modules. Still no video, no beeps even without memory. All new components. Also note that the machine gets power and the fans run. I think returning the board was the answer. Also, when I received the board the anti static bag had no sticker sealing it. Does AsRock do that or was the board a return? It's already on it's way back. Just wondered if there was anything else I could have done to troubleshoot it.

HTPC build:

CPU: AMD A6-3670K*
    CPU Cooler: Scythe Shuriken*Rev.B*SCSK-1100
    Motherboard: AsRock A75*Pro4-M
    Memory: G.SKILL 8GB DDR3 2333
    Case Antec Fusion*Remote*Black
    PSU: Antec*EA-430D*Green
    SSD: Crucial 64GB CT064M4SSD2
    Wifi*Card: ASUS PCE-N15
    Seagate 1.5 TB SATA
    Samsung 1.5 TB SATA
    Generic DVDRom SATA

Just as a heads up. The replacement board worked like a charm.

Comment

Working...
    X