Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock X79 Extreme9 Won't go to POST - Dr. Debug not showing anyfhing (being OFF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock X79 Extreme9 Won't go to POST - Dr. Debug not showing anyfhing (being OFF)

Hi, I have just bought this great mobo but it seems to be faulty.

Upon powering up the monitor doesn't turn on, so no boot up to POST screen (the board just poweres up). The main concern is Dr. Debug. It is completely OFF (the indicator LED's are OFF) not showing anything.
    Also the onboard Power and Reset buttons are not lighting UP (as they should in red), the chipset fan is not running (but i know it only turns on after some temp. threshold is crossed over).

I have replaced the CPU, the video card, and the ram modules but without any change. The PSU ia a 1200W Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold (wit all the necessary connectors, including the dual 8-pin mobo power cables).

The only thing I haven't plugged is the molex power - and I wonder since I use a GTX 690 (it's a DUAL GPU Card but not SLI and it has the dual 8-pin PCIE cables plugged in) should I plug it in ? The mobo's Dr. Debug, power and reset button don't light up with or without the video card connected into the mobo - so it shouldn't make any difference.

I am 100% that Dr. Debug, and the power and reset buttons MUST light up after powering the computer (as this was the case in my previous Asrock mobo the Asrock 890FX Deluxe5)

Is the mobo faulty or am I doing something wrong ? PLEASE HELP ME !

Re: Asrock X79 Extreme9 Won't go to POST - Dr. Debug not showing anyfhing (being OFF)

You need to eliminate the external factors first. Maybe the problem is as simple as a short on the board/case.

I would start by removing the board complste form the case and "build" the pc on a table without a case eg. just the raw parts.

Just the Psu, one stick of ram, cpu and obviously screen. Then use the power on button thats located on the board.
    |[email protected]|AsrockExtreme9|16gigVengence|LianLiA 71|CustomTripleExternalWaterbox|HCP1200watt|3x27"|2x6990cfx|120gbVertex3+256gbSupertalentSSD|48Tb|G19|RAT9|Lo gitechZ5500|LogitechG35|

Comment

Re: Asrock X79 Extreme9 Won't go to POST - Dr. Debug not showing anyfhing (being OFF)

Just curious if you ended up finding a solution? I've had my PC built and running for 3 months, then when i woke up this morning my mobo no longer wants to boot. All the fans and USB devices will power up for a second then off and repeat, but I get nothing from the motherboard. If you found a solution other than RMA'ing please let me know.

Comment

My last mobo\cpu died from i dont know what but, what happened was it would turn on then off repeatedly.
        I wasnt aware that the cpu died, and was in the process of selling it to someone who luckily brought their pc around to test it, and the same thing happened on his motherboard, turning on and off repeatedly.

Check ya CPU.

Comment

Working...
        X