Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram issue with GA-990FXA-UD5 Board

Good morning,

I am getting the blue screen of death and everything seems to be pointing to memory. I am using Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB kit (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 1.5V 240-Pin UDIMM BLS2CP8G3D1609DS1S00.

After looking on the Gigabyte website and the small list I really cannot find what I am after. I need to honestly know which Ram I can use, 16Gig would be good. I really do not care which brand I use as long as it is the correct timing and clock speed. I would like to use 1600 speed preferably. I am not an over clocker so we should be good with whatever recommendations you come up with.

Thanks,

Bob

Re: Ram issue with GA-990FXA-UD5 Board

After a (very quick) search; I found the "Qualified Vendors List" for memory that's supported on your particular board, here's the link: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...990fxa-ud5.pdf. Personally, I try to use whatever is on the list...just to be sure.

Could also be an issue with the BIOS, have you flashed to the latest?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    AMD Phenom II 965 BE, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX, Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, Corsair Force GT Series SSD (120GB), WD VelociRaptor 300GB, HIS Radeon HD7950, NZXT Switch 810, XSPC Raystorm AMD CPU block, XSPC RX360, EK-DCP 4.0 pump, Windows 7 H.P. - 64 bit

Comment

Re: Ram issue with GA-990FXA-UD5 Board

I cannot find that RAM on Crucials Site, the only Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB kit they have are BLS2KIT8G3D1609DS1S00... DDR3 upgrades from Crucial.com

now I did find your part number on amazon and other unknown to me sites... could it be knock-off ram? Happened to me with some Patriot memory about 3-4yrs back. Once I had Patriot Memory that I was able to find on their site it worked with my board (even while it wasn't on QVL) QVL is just actual RAM that they had the time to test.

on my 790FX board (HTPC / Home Server rig in my sig) I'm running 4x4GB of this Kingston memory @1600Mhz without any issues; HyperX red | Kingston Technology again not on the QVL but works just fine.

Vin
      Main Rig
      OS = Win10-64Bit
      CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
      Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
      MB = Asus ROG C6H
      GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
      HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
      PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
      Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
      OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
      CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
      Mem = 24GB RAM
      MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
      GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
      HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
      Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
      PSU = Corsair TX750
      Case = Define R5

Comment

Working...
      X