Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Install X79-UD3 Mobo, EASYTUNE executes(ET6SC.EXE) then application closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Install X79-UD3 Mobo, EASYTUNE executes(ET6SC.EXE) then application closes

Hi all.

I was wondering if you could help.
    The app doesn't load

I got a new build, FRESH INSTALL, all updates installed, all drivers downloaded and installed.#
    No antivirus or other rubbish installed, nada.

I run gigabytes software provided to do a really lazy OC. But it pops up in processes, the disappears.

Looking at Event Viewer I found that its falling over and generating an entry:

Faulting application name: GUI.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4f0fc8d2
    Faulting module name: Normal.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50499112
    Exception code: 0xc0000094
    Fault offset: 0x00041009
    Faulting process id: 0x13e4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc4aca35d07b3
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\ET6\GUI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GIGABYTE\ET6\Normal.dll
    Report Id: e9195ba1-309f-11e2-81ed-50e549e6c426

Now, most would say, redownload it, use removal tools etc etc, but I have been down that route AND reformatted 3 times (it only take about 10 mins).

I was thinking - Does it have any pre-reqs? eg: additional software that it depends on to eve load up?

I tried to register the dll but this didn't work :-(

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope someone has experience the same problem....

I have latest bios fw, and Intel(R) Management Engine Interface driver 7.1.21, and latest chipset drivers.
    Last edited by impact845; 11-17-2012, 09:11 AM.

Re: Fresh Install X79-UD3 Mobo, EASYTUNE executes(ET6SC.EXE) then application closes

UPDATE: Due to my own ignorance I discovered a patch folder after retracing my steps.

Easy Tune 6 IS reliant on microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributable windows 7 x64 ( as I am running 64bit.)
    I also took the liberty to installing the SP1 of vcredist_x64 from M$ website.

My observations are that after installation the pc takes an additional 10 seconds to log in after password has been entered.
    The software needs a massive overhaul to fall inline with mainstream software so there are no dependancies.

I tried installing Windows 8 Pro with this board. It was awful. There is so much stuff that happened it would go off topic so bad.

I hope this may assist someone in the future.

Comment

Re: Fresh Install X79-UD3 Mobo, EASYTUNE executes(ET6SC.EXE) then application closes

you can get all the latest drivers/software from here,most will be much newer than whats on gigabytes website

Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have also noticed that Easy Tune 6 (I didn't test this on my old rig using a EP45-UD3P/WD HD, so it might be the same there) increases my boot up time by a hair, but since I'm using an SSD it's not a huge deal.

Comment

Thats for the links, I have have been using them. I have atm B21 1012.1 FOR EASYTUNE.

I did notice the Hiren disk, been looking for that from a decent server now that its legal.

Yea, I rememeber back in the day.

The easytune software does create a bit of a lag 7-10 seconds after password. I am using a the VERTEX 4 and it doesnt make a difference. I might see if I can see what driver is causing the lag, then see if I can change it priority.

Thanks for responses.

Comment

For me on my GA-X58A-UD5 and my other AMD builds I had found that ET6 was slow and sometimes buggy when trying to execute changes in FSB. All it seemed good for was monitoring fan speeds and temps.

what I eneded up doing was removing ET6 and used other utilities that accomplished the same things.

for Temps I used HW Monitor, for Overclocking I used SetFSB (don't know if the x79 is supported though). Unfortunately then are using 2 applications instead of one, but neither of these applications require to start when windows start.

so if all you need is On-Demand monitoring or OC'ing on the fly then these may be of better use.

Vin
            Main Rig
            OS = Win10-64Bit
            CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
            Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
            MB = Asus ROG C6H
            GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
            HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
            PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
            Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
            OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
            CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
            Mem = 24GB RAM
            MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
            GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
            HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
            Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
            PSU = Corsair TX750
            Case = Define R5

Comment

Confirmed.

Revoming the software, the OC remained which is good. I would think that oncew the bios has saved it to a profile you can get shot.

My pc started running so much faster right away after the reboot (after removal).

God what a piece of "SHOBOX"

Comment

Easy Tune 6 is a waste of time and effort. Always has (since P45 I know of) and most likely will always be as impact845 states.

Comment

Working...
                X