please help me with my new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me with my new build

hi guys.i build a new system wich i bought asrock z77 extream 4 - i5 3570 3.4 and 16 gb 4x4 corsair vengeace
    cmz16gx3m4x1866c9 whic is quad channel but on there wesite is said also support dual chanel.problem is as i
    turn on my pc i here 4 bib sound and error 55 and pc goes off.so im not sure if this ram is not supported or is it my motherboard or cpu.i checked the cpu and there is no bend pin.also the bios is old and i cant get into it to updated.so im stock and no computer and whrithing now from my mobile .i checked all the ram in diffrend slot and nothing just error 55 and this ram are brand new so im sure something might be wrong with mb or comatibility issue.please help me if u can to resolve my proble.tnx

Re: please help me with my new build

Sounds like a memory error. try installing just 1 memory in slot b2 (slot furthest from CPU) and see if you can boot up and update BIOS and such.

Comment

tnx for reply.i tried that now and still 4 bib sound and error 55.im going crazy i build few system and never had problem before.not sure what to do.should i buy cheap ddr3 2x2 gb dual channel and try with that.could u guys recemond something thst work with this motherboard so i can get to bios and updated .

Comment

Your memory is on the compatibility list, so it should work. Do NOT buy random memory for your board, it will not work. The BIOS is not your problem, IMO.

What power supply are you using, and did you connect the eight pin CPU power cable to the mother board?

Comment

Originally posted by peyman View Post
          also the bios is old and i cant get into it to updated.
          Hmmm .........

Beside what synack and parsec suggested above, that leaves me wondering just what 3570 you have AND just how old is that BIOS revision you have installed presently.

If the MB is new, you can determine what BIOS is installed by looking at the chip/white sticker directly above the DR Debug display. Hopefully, if indeed it is new, the sticker will state P1.40 or above. That way regardless of which 3570 you have the BIOS will support it.

Lifted from the CPU Support List for your Z77 Extreme4 : ASRock > Z77 Extreme4
          Code:
          1155	Core i5	i5-3570K(E1)	Ivy Bridge	3.4GHz	BLK 100MHz	6MB	77W	P1.20
          1155	Core i5	i5-3570K(E0)	Ivy Bridge	3.4GHz	BLK 100MHz	6MB	77W	P1.20
          1155	Core i5	i5-3570(N0)  	Ivy Bridge	3.4GHz	BLK 100MHz	6MB	77W	P1.40
          1155	Core i5	i5-3570S(N0)	Ivy Bridge	3.1GHz	BLK 100MHz	6MB	65W	P1.40
          1155	Core i5	i5-3570T(E1)	Ivy Bridge	2.3GHz	BLK 100MHz	6MB	45W	P1.20
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

wardog, that is a possibility, but I hope we have the correct CPU model, as it looks like the OP had some typing problems.

I have two of these boards, one had UEFI 1.20, the other 1.80. So it is possible he has a non-compatible UEFI. Given that this board has had 11 versions of its UEFI so far, what "old" is does not tell us much.

On a side note, it looks like you are an AMD CPU fan. Are you very familiar with AMD's line of CPUs, particularly the latest ones? Just asking because we could use some help in another thread involving an AMD CPU:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...os-update.html

Comment

hi guys tnx for ur care and replay.i have i5 3570 k and yes i conect the 8 pin .also the bios said 1.8 ..i bought some ram wich is in the list which it comes on saturday will try that too.i bought mb and cpu and ram.my ps is 1200 corsair and fully working.problem is as i turn pc on ill hear 4 bib and error 55..this is the first time i had problem with pc building and so anoyed.plz let me know if u can think of somethin that will help me.tnx for u respond again.
              Last edited by peyman; 11-23-2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                On a side note, it looks like you are an AMD CPU fan. Are you very familiar with AMD's line of CPUs, particularly the latest ones? Just asking because we could use some help in another thread involving an AMD CPU
                Done did. hehe, yea. As an AMD user here, we're definitely out numbered.

Since my last Intel was a 486, how easy is it to bend a pin on these during assembly?

I'm also reading that this particular board has a rep of coming from QA with a less than stellar record for defective pins? That true?
                #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Good point Wardog! Peyman, check your CPU socket... You might need to look VERY closely. There may be a bent bin the lot, and if there is that will cause your problem for sure. Profjim has a great photo of an example bent pin, if he would be so kind to post it.

Syn

Comment

Your wish is my command....

Click image for larger version

Name:	cpu socket bent pins example [crop_75].jpg
Views:	5
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	753393
                    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

hey.i look so close and there is no bend pin.i did it like 5 or 6 time now but the pins are ok.dont know what else to do?.non of the ram sticks work.cpu was brand new dont know if that a problem.i will try new ram wich is 40 pound and coming tomorow will try that to make sure is not the ram and after that i might send the bored back for excahnge or get extream 6 which is 60 pound extra just dont know if its worth it?.

Comment

Can you borrow another power supply to test with?
                        Even a brand new power supply can sometimes be faulty.

Have you tried testing with your motherboard beside your computer case with the motherboard placed on a cardboard box?
                        Sometimes there is a problem with the motherboard mounting inside of the case.
                        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers

Comment

u guys not gonna belive this as i was unscrowing my motherorad from the case to rma it i relaise that the light on mb goes on and off .so as i was loosing or thigtening the screw pc was runing on and off .so what i saw that the case was bending inside bcoz of my w
                          ater cooling radiator and was touching the back of the motherbored.as profjim said then i took the motherboard out and test the system and everything was fine.so after pooshing back the case and puting back the mb everything is fine now.next step is overclocking as i have wc system i saw the idle temp is 22 so plenty room for oc my cpu and ram.im new to i5 3570 so need to study before ocing.i also been very impresed wit how good intel 4000 graphic are.
                          i would like to tnx each of u for helping me through this problem without ur help i couldnt done it.so tnx again
                          Last edited by peyman; 11-24-2012, 03:51 AM.

Comment

You're welcome, it's good to hear that you found the problem and that your motherboard is working!!
                            I always build and test any new system outside of the case.
                            I install the assembled motherboard only after the operating system is loaded, updated and I have performed some stress testing.

Comment

i just hope it didnt damage something but so far so good

Comment

Working...
                              X