Asrock Extreme 4 or Corsair 400r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Extreme 4 or Corsair 400r

Hello all I really love this case, so I want to try and stick with it. I'm installing an Asrock Extreme 4 in this thing and everything went very well until I had to hook up the front panel connectors to the sytem header of my mobo. The USB 3 hookups show to be working in UEFI, but I cannot power on the system with the case power button, have no LEDs, and no front fans spinning. The molex adapter from the fans has been appropriately connected to my PSU. Now you're thinking, is your mobo the problem. Well, I was able to jump the pins on the system header power pins successfully no problem. Its seems as though the system header cables just do not work. Can anyone shed some light on this please? I'm in limbo right now trying to get this hooked up on one of my only days off. Oh, and do I need to disconnect the fan connections that route back to the top of the case, and plug them into the mobo? I welcome any help. Thanks
    <!-- / message -->

Re: Asrock Extreme 4 or Corsair 400r

Given your symptoms, power button not working, and LEDs (I assume power LED and HDD LED?) not working, you may simply not have the cables connected to the correct pins on the mother board.

It can be very difficult getting those tiny connectors on the correct pins, as well as the + and - polarity of the LEDs correct. Use the picture in the boards manual as a reference, and with good lighting, check the connections. You likely will need to remove all of them and start over. I would triple check the connections before blaming the case wiring and switch for the problem.

I use a 500R with this board, and it all works fine. BTW, on the 500R, the front panel power button, USB 3.0 connectors, etc, and all the wiring, can be replaced with one part from Corsair. I don't know if that is the same with the 400R, but it probably is. If you find that it seems that module is defective, you should be able to get one free from Corsair using their RMA system. You don't need to return the case of course, just indicate you need that part.

Regarding the front fans, it is possible that they are not connected to the power output of the Corsair fan controller, you should carefully check that. FYI, the front fans in the 500R case use special connectors that will not plug into a standard three pin fan header.

Comment

Re: Asrock Extreme 4 or Corsair 400r

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Given your symptoms, power button not working, and LEDs (I assume power LED and HDD LED?) not working, you may simply not have the cables connected to the correct pins on the mother board.

It can be very difficult getting those tiny connectors on the correct pins, as well as the + and - polarity of the LEDs correct. Use the picture in the boards manual as a reference, and with good lighting, check the connections. You likely will need to remove all of them and start over. I would triple check the connections before blaming the case wiring and switch for the problem.

I use a 500R with this board, and it all works fine. BTW, on the 500R, the front panel power button, USB 3.0 connectors, etc, and all the wiring, can be replaced with one part from Corsair. I don't know if that is the same with the 400R, but it probably is. If you find that it seems that module is defective, you should be able to get one free from Corsair using their RMA system. You don't need to return the case of course, just indicate you need that part.

Regarding the front fans, it is possible that they are not connected to the power output of the Corsair fan controller, you should carefully check that. FYI, the front fans in the 500R case use special connectors that will not plug into a standard three pin fan header.
      Well, I quadruple checked them multiple times. It ended up being a defective I/O panel. The case got replaced and it fixed the issues. For some reason the fans, and sytem header jacks were not functional. Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Working...
      X