X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with drivers in Windows 8

Hi,
    I just installed Win8 on my computer.
    I went to the Asrock site to download the latest drivers for my Z77 Extreme4.
    When i install them and reboot, win8 says that my PC cant boot.
    What Did I do wrong?
    -kman2745

Re: Problems with drivers in Windows 8

What OS did you choose for the drivers, Window 8 32bit or 64bit? What drivers did you install? What error message are you seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      What OS did you choose for the drivers, Window 8 32bit or 64bit? What drivers did you install? What error message are you seeing?
      I installed the 64 bit version of windows 8, i chose the 64 bit drivers. I installed the realtek driver and the restarted fine, the i tried the sata 3 the the computer wouldnt restart properly. A Screen pops up for a second and it says 'Your PC wont Start Properly' then disapears.

Comment

Ok, I see. Next, was that the Intel IRST driver, or the ASMedia chipset driver?

What SATA ports are you using, the Intel or ASMedia, and what SATA mode do you use, IDE, AHCI, or RAID?

Did you happen to check the boot order in the BIOS after installing that driver? Sometimes updates will change the boot order.

Comment

Ok, I see. Next, was that the Intel IRST driver, or the ASMedia chipset driver?

What SATA ports are you using, the Intel or ASMedia, and what SATA mode do you use, IDE, AHCI, or RAID?

Did you happen to check the boot order in the BIOS after installing that driver? Sometimes updates will change the boot order.
          Asmedia drivers, Asmedia Ports and AHCI i think

Comment

I've seen another report of problems with the ASMedia SATA driver and Windows 8. Are you using those SATA ports?

I would move all your SATA connections to the Intel SATA ports, disable the ASMedia controller in the BIOS (Storage Configuration), and try to boot again.

Comment

I've seen another report of problems with the ASMedia SATA driver and Windows 8. Are you using those SATA ports?

I would move all your SATA connections to the Intel SATA ports, disable the ASMedia controller in the BIOS (Storage Configuration), and try to boot again.
              Thanks Man

Comment

Working...
              X