X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK Fatal1ty 990FX Professional PROBLEMS

ASROCK Fatal1ty 990FX Professional PROBLEMS
    HY FROM CROATIA I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MBO
    TURNED INTERNET UPSIDE DOWN BUT NO SOLUTION OR HELP.

SPECS
    Case -Collermaster CM690 WHITE
    CPU - AMD PHENOM II T1100
    CPU Cooler - CNPS11X ZALMAN
    Motherboard - Fatal1ty 990FX Professional
    GPU - TRIED 3 OF THEM:ASUS 6850, SAPPHIRE 5850, SAPPHIRE 5450
    Memory - CORSAIR LOW PROFILE 2x4GB
    PSU - TRIED 2 OF THEM CORSAIR TX750 AND TX850
    HDD - SSD CORSAIR 120gb

Everything worked fine for about 2 weeks but one day:
    On boot, it seems as though the motherboard isn't powering on, although the case fans/leds and CPU and GPU fans all turn on. There is no video being displayed to the monitor through either VGA/DVI/HDMI, no beeps, and Dr Debug LED on the motherboard does not light up at any point and reset and power button on MBO stay off allso. I've made sure all connections were secure, CPU pins are OK, tested each RAM slot and only used 1 stick. I've also tried using a USB keyboard and PS2 keyboard, used all PCIE slots with different VGA cards . I've also tried removing the CMOS battery and clear CMOS wihh JUMPER and with BUTTON fow short and 8 hours long period of times multiplle times, did not seem to help.

PC has worked just 2 weeks, I cant belive that those HI grade new components can die so fast. Will se if someone knows anything about it because I've seen few IDENTICAL problems with Asrock MBO over the internet but no solution

TRIED ALL OF THIS WITH DISMANTLED EVERYHTHING, TAKE OUT CPU, ALL POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS OUTSIDE THE CASE on a table... NO GO
    PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE (i think its the bios bug or something or bios chip died - did not overclock nothingat any point)

Re: ASROCK Fatal1ty 990FX Professional PROBLEMS

Do you or a friend have any other memory stick(s) you can test with?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Do you or a friend have any other memory stick(s) you can test with?
      Tried other ram in all RAM slots, allso no post no info leds on DR. LED or Reset and Power Up Butons on boarad and not posting. Fans spin up on CPU and VGA but nothing on LCD.

Comment

It looks like your 8-pin EPS12v psu cable isn't delivering power to your motherboard.
        It might be a psu problem, but you tried with two different power supplies.
        Disconnect the power supply A.C. cord and carefully inspect the 8-pin socket on the motherboard for any signs of damage.
        Inspect the rest of the motherboard for any signs of physical or electrical damage, including the bottom too.
        Also check that the cpu heatsink is secure.
        Can you borrow a third power supply for testing?
        Disconnect all hardware that isn't required for booting into the bios.
        Your immediate goal is to get your system to post.
        If it posts, you can add components one at a time to help find out if one of them is the cause of your problems.
        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

I measured all voltages on all connectors on both PSU-s with voltmeter and all voltages are OK (around 3,36; 5,03 and 12,03 Volts) so the PSU-s are 100% OK. Board has no visible electronic damage or whatsoever. I think I'm out of options here. Asrock support did not reply jet I emailed them 3 days ago over their web site form. Only thing I need to test is CPU will get my hands on another one ASAP. If someone knows direct Asrock support mail this could help also.

Comment

Can't say I've ever heard of it but check that the Clear CMOS button under the PS/2 keyboard port on the rear I/O panel isn't somehow held in or otherwise jammed or somehow depressed in the Clear position.

You've done everything I'd have done.

Not to sound repetitive, as it's being considered in another thread, but try replacing the CMOS battery with a new one.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
            X