Suggested ASRock software to install from CD for ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested ASRock software to install from CD for ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

I am new to ASRock motherboards (at least by own decision) and recently installed an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 with an i7-3770 CPU. I will be doing a new installation of the operating system and everything else. Will be installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits.

The PC is used for both (heavy) software development (design, development & debug) as well as flight simulation (Microsoft FSX).

The CD that comes with the motherboard has drivers which I will install (ethernet). The question is, of the whole suite of software what is required? what is suggested?

I don't think I will be installing the "Internet accelerator" as I don't like to install anything that messes up with the browsers.

What about the X-USB and Virtu software, is that worth the bother? The Virtu seems interesting as FSX is quite demanding and I have read that by virtualizing both the discrete (GTX 285) and integrated (HD4000) video I might get better frame rates. I also plan to add a 2nd monitor.

Re: Suggested ASRock software to install from CD for ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

I tried the XFast USB but had some unresolved anomalies that cleared up after I uninstalled it and instead got a much faster Mushkin Ventura Pro stick.

Don't misconstrue me as slamming the util(actually a driver) or ASRock in saying that as there could be many instances of HW/SW combinations where it will work fine. Matter of fact many do swear by it.

All I can offer is try it yourself. I really should have another go at it with the Ventura. Someday ............
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
    X