No announcement yet.

Access Violation at Address 00433D27 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access Violation at Address 00433D27 ?

Hi,

I have just built a new PC and installed W8 64 bit (unfortunately), but when I then load my MB installation disc I get the error message "Access Violation at Address 00433D27 in module "ASRSetup.exe" Read of address 00000008"

No idea what that means but bottom line is I can't install drivers or utilities etc. I can download them individually from Asrock but to be honest I'm not too sure as to what is relevant to me? Is there another link somewhere that I can download from which includes everything?

Not sure if it shows in my signature or not as this is a first post for me, but my rig is a B75 Pro3-M bios P1.50 with 8GB of ram, i3 3240 CPU, on-board graphics, Intel 520 SSD 120GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Sound Blaster Audigy Value, and TP-Link TL-WN951N network card.

Having said I can download the drivers individually is not quite accurate as I'm having major issues with W8 freezing constantly and it will not allow me to download windows updates or anything else for that matter without the constant reboots, I have not even been able to complete full installation yet.

Help would me much appreciated.

Cheers,
    John

Re: Access Violation at Address 00433D27 ?

Honestly, my guess is the Support CD you have probably doesn't contain ANY Win8 drivers and or utilities for your board. Most likely, 99.9999% sure anyway, the CD was pressed way before Win8 was released. Thus, useless for a Win8 install. Set it aside or back in the box and download the needed files from the ASRock site.

And why you're doing Windows Update w/o having the mb drivers successfully installed is beyond me.

Secondly, I'd pull the Audigy and TP-Link NIC until you get the req'd mb drivers successfully installed.

At this point IMHO a new Win8 install from scratch is likely in order.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Honestly, my guess is the Support CD you have probably doesn't contain ANY Win8 drivers and or utilities for your board. Most likely, 99.9999% sure anyway, the CD was pressed way before Win8 was released. Thus, useless for a Win8 install. Set it aside or back in the box and download the needed files from the ASRock site.

And why you're doing Windows Update w/o having the mb drivers successfully installed is beyond me.

Secondly, I'd pull the Audigy and TP-Link NIC until you get the req'd mb drivers successfully installed.

At this point IMHO a new Win8 install from scratch is likely in order.
      Hi Wardog,

Thanks for the reply. YES I will pull those 2 cards from the system immediately. Oh ok, that makes sense about the W8 drivers! As to me doing a windows update before having the mb drivers first is out of desperation I'm afraid, plus I'm old and I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I have been working on this for a couple of days and still no closer to finishing installation.

As I said, I have no idea which drivers I specifically need for my setup, and because I will have to download from another PC do I have to unzip them first to a USB stick to then load them on the new PC? Sorry I'm really struggling with this and the silly questions I'm asking.

Cheers,
      John

Comment

No problem. BTW, Hello and Welcome.

Let me bugger a person or two here via PM and get you some help with just which drivers you'll need. I'm AMD through and through so of no help there, sorry.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          No problem. BTW, Hello and Welcome.

Let me bugger a person or two here via PM and get you some help with just which drivers you'll need. I'm AMD through and through so of no help there, sorry.
          Thanks Wardog for the welcome and the help. Wished I had gone the W7 route now.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Parsec is as close to an ASRock/Intel guru as you can get in the forum, but I can help get you started.
            Win8 will probably be more a challenge than a win7 install, but we should be able to get you through the install.

You are good to go with your P1.50 bios, as the ASRock cpu support list requires at least P1.30 or P1.40 depending on which stepping your i3-3240 cpu has.
            Don't use your ASRock win7 install DVD.
            You need to download the win8 drivers and utilities from ASRock > B75 Pro3-M Windows 8 64bit Downloads

Disconnect all unneeded hardware before installing win8, including your Seagate hard drive and the Sound Blaster sound card.
            Make sure that your usb keyboard and/or mouse is connected using a usb 2.0 port, not a usb 3.0 port.

Check your motherboard user manual and see if they recommend going into the bios to first load a specific bios default setting before you start the windows installation. Remember, when all else fails RTFM

It will be best if you wait for Parsec to advise you, but there is an important stability test you can do right now.
            Download Memtest86+ (freeware) and burn it to an optical disk or usb which will be bootable. The downloads are near the middle of the web page.
            Boot your system with Memtest86+ and let it run the default test loop (tests 1 - 8) and let it run and repeat the test loops until Parsec joins us. If there are any errors, take a picture of the screen and post the screen-shot so that we can see the error details. Each test loop will probably take about 40 - 60 minutes. If there are no errors by the end of 2 or 3 test loops, re-boot your system and install win8.

With a brand new system build, I always run Memtest86+ for several test loops to ensure that the system is reasonably stable.
            Parsec can best advise you on which drivers and utilities you should install and in which order.
            Any questions?
            Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
            P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
            4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
            MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
            Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
            WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
            SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
            Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
            Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
            Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
            MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
            Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
            HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
            CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
            E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
            Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
            Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
            HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
              Parsec is as close to an ASRock/Intel guru as you can get in the forum, but I can help get you started.
              Win8 will probably be more a challenge than a win7 install, but we should be able to get you through the install.
              Hi Jim,
              Many thanks for the reply and you have mentioned a few interesting points which I may not have been aware of.

You are good to go with your P1.50 bios, as the ASRock cpu support list requires at least P1.30 or P1.40 depending on which stepping your i3-3240 cpu has.
              Well that's one thing Iv'e got going for me then.

Don't use your ASRock win7 install DVD.
              You need to download the win8 drivers and utilities from ASRock > B75 Pro3-M Windows 8 64bit Downloads
              Won't do as it doesn't work anyway, but I would have thought they would have more up to date discs than what came with the MB, I guess it depends on when it was manufactured? Yes have gone to that link and started downloading, unzipping and transfering to my USB stick, I'm just doing the ones I think that are relevant at this point in time. But one of the issues so far has been that W8 freezes continually and does not allow me to even up date these drivers.

Disconnect all unneeded hardware before installing win8, including your Seagate hard drive and the Sound Blaster sound card.
              Make sure that your usb keyboard and/or mouse is connected using a usb 2.0 port, not a usb 3.0 port.
              Interesting, I had no idea about USB 2.0 / 3.0 and from memory I think the mouse was plugged into USB 3.0.

Check your motherboard user manual and see if they recommend going into the bios to first load a specific bios default setting before you start the windows installation. Remember, when all else fails RTFM
              This is all I could find in the manual.........
              "To install the drivers to your system, please insert the support CD to your optical drive first. Then, the drivers compatible to your system can be auto-detected and listed on the support CD driver page. Please follow the order from top to bottom to install those required drivers. Therefore, the drivers you install can work properly."

It will be best if you wait for Parsec to advise you, but there is an important stability test you can do right now.
              Download Memtest86+ (freeware) and burn it to an optical disk or usb which will be bootable. The downloads are near the middle of the web page.
              Boot your system with Memtest86+ and let it run the default test loop (tests 1 - 8) and let it run and repeat the test loops until Parsec joins us. If there are any errors, take a picture of the screen and post the screen-shot so that we can see the error details. Each test loop will probably take about 40 - 60 minutes. If there are no errors by the end of 2 or 3 test loops, re-boot your system and install win8.
              Will give it a run as I already have that burnt to disc, hopefully it will all be good.

With a brand new system build, I always run Memtest86+ for several test loops to ensure that the system is reasonably stable.
              Parsec can best advise you on which drivers and utilities you should install and in which order.
              Any questions?
              This is my first new build for at least 10 years so things have changed a tad in that time, and going from XP to 8 seemed the logical step. I ran W8 consumer preview on this old pc without a hitch so thought doing an new build would be a breeze, how wrong I was.

Again thanks for the support and I look forward to Parsec's input.

Cheers,
              John

Comment

You're welcome.
                I went through major o/s shock when i went from win2K to win 7 on my P35 system without any preview.
                Hopefully your memory will test out OK and that eliminates one possible issue.
                As Wardog said, your ASRock win7 drivers/utilities DVD probably barfed on your win8 install.
                I'm betting that individually installing the win8 drivers and software will be relatively painless.
                If there are any problems, we will blame Parsec.

Welcome to the forum.
                Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post

Welcome to the forum.
                  Thanks Jim.

Just an update, I'm soon to finish downloading all the different drivers and utilities except for a couple which going by the minimalistic explanations I don't think I require.

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Be my guest, it is fashionable to hate on me at times...

Prof Jim, thanks for referring to me as a guru, I'm not sure if I qualify as even a gu.

wardog is correct about the Windows 8 drivers not being on the CD. Another problem is Microsoft did not provide any kind of tool to check a PC for compatibility with Windows 8. I know you are doing a new install, but we would also have knowledge from users that ran the tool, for example that MS provided for Windows 7. So to be able to get every last driver for Win 8 perfect on the first try is not something you should expect, could happen but NO guarantees.

I assume the hardware in the list is correct. Any special things, features you want to use? Have you been into the UEFI/BIOS yet? Using default values? The UEFI is just a fancy BIOS, do not fear it. Do not ignore it. You will need to use it at times, if only to check or set the boot order, and mainly disabling unwanted features and hardware. Do not change main settings you don't understand.

Be sure the SATA mode for the main Intel SATA chip is AHCI. DO NOT USE the ASMedia SATA chip or ports for the OS drive, check the manual for their locations, VERY important to get that correct. Use the Intel SATA 6Gb/s port for your 520. NO IDE MODE!! Don't be a Luddite!!

I don't know what the TP-Link TL-WN951N network card will be used for, does your ISP require it, or are you not using the onboard LAN chip?

Everything I'm listing is from your boards Windows 8 64 bit Download page: ASRock > B75 Pro3

You only need to unzip files that end in ".zip". Then copy them to the USB stick. You will not be manually copying drivers anywhere, just run these installer programs and sit back and watch that all is well. I also suggest not running them from the USB stick. Copy them to the OS drive first. Only use the USB 2.0 ports at first, on the rear I/O panel.

When you install Windows 8, ONLY have the OS drive connected to the PC, no others, except the DVD drive if you need it.

This all is really not complicated at all, but if you haven't done it for a while, the more information, the better.

The most essential, basic drivers needed, IN INSTALLATION ORDER are these, with restarts in between when prompted to:

1. INF driver ver:9.3.0.1025

2. Intel Management Engine driver ver:8.1.2.1318_5M

3. VGA driver ver:15.28.6.64.2857

4. Realtek Lan driver ver:8003

Actually, only 1 and 2 really are best done in this order, but IMO this order makes sense.

Optional basic drivers:

Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver ver:11.6.0.1030

SATA AHCI driver. Win 8 will automatically load its storahci driver during the installation, so you don't need this. It may make your SSD perform better.

Realtek high definition audio driver ver:6690

Since you have a separate sound card, you may skip this.

ASMedia SATA3 Driver ver:1340

This is for the secondary SATA interface on your board. Win 8 will also likely load storahci for it too. Either is fine. Not as fast as the Intel SATA interface at all.

I'm surprised I don't see a driver for USB 3.0, but Win 8 must have a native one. If the USB 3.0 does not work, we'll take it from there.

The rest of the things on the download page are really programs for the many features this board supports (Rapid Start, Smart Connect App Charger, AXTU, XFastLAN, XFastUSB, Intel SBA, etc.) Only you can decide if you need them. But get the OS installation setup and stable for now, and you need to check which features you think are good for you.

Let us know how it goes, and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post

Be my guest, it is fashionable to hate on me at times...
                      Nah I would never blame anyone who was trying to help me so thanks Parsec.

I assume the hardware in the list is correct. Any special things, features you want to use? Have you been into the UEFI/BIOS yet? Using default values?
                      Yes everything in the list is correct, nothing special required except for me to complete this build and be able to hand it off to the wife and never hear another complaint again about her PC (so you see I have a point to prove).

The UEFI is just a fancy BIOS, do not fear it. Do not ignore it. You will need to use it at times, if only to check or set the boot order, and mainly disabling unwanted features and hardware. Do not change main settings you don't understand.
                      I have been into the bios only to change the boot order and everything else is set to default I think.

Be sure the SATA mode for the main Intel SATA chip is AHCI. DO NOT USE the ASMedia SATA chip or ports for the OS drive, check the manual for their locations, VERY important to get that correct. Use the Intel SATA 6Gb/s port for your 520. NO IDE MODE!! Don't be a Luddite!!
                      The SATA mode is set to AHCI. Not sure what you're calling the ASMedia SATA chip or ports? I have my DVD drive and SDD connected to # 9 & 10 connectors and my HDD to # 14 on the attachment I have added for you to view, so I hoping I'm correct there?

I don't know what the TP-Link TL-WN951N network card will be used for, does your ISP require it, or are you not using the onboard LAN chip?
                      As this will be the wife's PC we are in different rooms to maintain the peace, so the TP-Link network card is wireless.

Everything I'm listing is from your boards Windows 8 64 bit Download page: ASRock > B75 Pro3

You only need to unzip files that end in ".zip". Then copy them to the USB stick. You will not be manually copying drivers anywhere, just run these installer programs and sit back and watch that all is well. I also suggest not running them from the USB stick. Copy them to the OS drive first. Only use the USB 2.0 ports at first, on the rear I/O panel.
                      Yes I downloaded everything from here ASRock > B75 Pro3-Mand in fact each one was a zip file as it opened automatically in my unzip program.

When you install Windows 8, ONLY have the OS drive connected to the PC, no others, except the DVD drive if you need it.
                      Will disconnect my HDD and have removed my sound and network cards.

This all is really not complicated at all, but if you haven't done it for a while, the more information, the better.

The most essential, basic drivers needed, IN INSTALLATION ORDER are these, with restarts in between when prompted to:

1. INF driver ver:9.3.0.1025

2. Intel Management Engine driver ver:8.1.2.1318_5M

3. VGA driver ver:15.28.6.64.2857

4. Realtek Lan driver ver:8003

Actually, only 1 and 2 really are best done in this order, but IMO this order makes sense.

Optional basic drivers:

Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver ver:11.6.0.1030

SATA AHCI driver. Win 8 will automatically load its storahci driver during the installation, so you don't need this. It may make your SSD perform better.

Realtek high definition audio driver ver:6690

Since you have a separate sound card, you may skip this.
                      Makes sense up to this point so far.

ASMedia SATA3 Driver ver:1340

This is for the secondary SATA interface on your board. Win 8 will also likely load storahci for it too. Either is fine. Not as fast as the Intel SATA interface at all.
                      I'm lost on this bit, not sure what you're actually referring to?

I'm surprised I don't see a driver for USB 3.0, but Win 8 must have a native one. If the USB 3.0 does not work, we'll take it from there.
                      The USB 3.0 port is working but as to whether it's actually USB 3.0 is debatable as I only have USB 2.0 rated hardware at this point in time.

The rest of the things on the download page are really programs for the many features this board supports (Rapid Start, Smart Connect App Charger, AXTU, XFastLAN, XFastUSB, Intel SBA, etc.) Only you can decide if you need them. But get the OS installation setup and stable for now, and you need to check which features you think are good for you.
                      The manual funnily enough tells you how to change the parameters from auto to manual etc but does not at all explain what any of those extras actually are meant to do, perhaps it's just assumed that one should know what these extras do?

Let us know how it goes, and good luck!
                      For certain and thanks for the luck and your help as I'm sure gonna need it. Also just to rule out crook ram I did run Memtest for about 7 hours last night and it was all clean so that's one good thing. I'm about to start reformatting and starting all over again to see if I can finally get up and running.

Cheers,
                      John
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by johnmw1 View Post
                        Nah I would never blame anyone who was trying to help me so thanks Parsec.
                        I'm not worried, Prof. Jim is just watching me...

The SATA mode is set to AHCI. Not sure what you're calling the ASMedia SATA chip or ports? I have my DVD drive and SDD connected to # 9 & 10 connectors and my HDD to # 14 on the attachment I have added for you to view, so I hoping I'm correct there?
                        Your board has two, separate SATA controllers, one provided by the Intel B75 chip, with six ports grouped together, the group labeled 14, 15, 16, etc. The other SATA controller is provided by the ASMedia 1061 chip, and provides two ports, labeled 9 and 10. The two controllers have separate settings for the SATA mode (on the same BIOS screen), and the ASMedia controller can be disabled individually. You might have problems with the ASMedia SATA ports, using any drive, including DVD drives, when installing an OS. If you used it before, great, but if the DVD drive is not recognized, connect the DVD drive to one of the six Intel SATA ports.

I'm lost on this bit, not sure what you're actually referring to?
                        Just to what I described above, that is the driver for the ASMedia SATA controller, if you install it, or Windows will install its own for you.

The manual funnily enough tells you how to change the parameters from auto to manual etc but does not at all explain what any of those extras actually are meant to do, perhaps it's just assumed that one should know what these extras do?
                        Highly useful, isn't it? The overview section of your boards page describes at a high level what these features do, you should be able to find more info in another part of the manual, or as a separate booklet.

Comment

I'm not worried, Prof. Jim is just watching me...

Your board has two, separate SATA controllers, one provided by the Intel B75 chip, with six ports grouped together, the group labeled 14, 15, 16, etc. The other SATA controller is provided by the ASMedia 1061 chip, and provides two ports, labeled 9 and 10. The two controllers have separate settings for the SATA mode (on the same BIOS screen), and the ASMedia controller can be disabled individually. You might have problems with the ASMedia SATA ports, using any drive, including DVD drives, when installing an OS. If you used it before, great, but if the DVD drive is not recognized, connect the DVD drive to one of the six Intel SATA ports.

Just to what I described above, that is the driver for the ASMedia SATA controller, if you install it, or Windows will install its own for you.

Highly useful, isn't it? The overview section of your boards page describes at a high level what these features do, you should be able to find more info in another part of the manual, or as a separate booklet.
                          Gee Parsec, I was not expecting a reply quite so soon, you must be in the same time zone as me?

Yes I was using those two ports 9 & 10, so perhaps I should just use those others 14,15 etc. As there is only one SATA 3 in that group I imagine I use that for my SSD?

I was just having a look back at the web page for this MB and noticed they had a more detailed description of the extras, so I'll have to have a read up to decide what she needs and what she doesn't.

I shall keep you posted, I'm learning so much today.

Cheers,
                          John

Comment

Well, unless Adelaide, Australia is in the same time zone as Chicago, USA, we are on similar schedules...

Silly me, I forgot that the Intel B75 chipset has only one SATA III port, the others are SATA II. Some of the other 7 series chipsets have two SATA III ports. Yes, definitely connect your SSD to the Intel SATA III port!!

SATA III controllers like the ASMedia and Marvell are additional SATA controllers that are added to boards, and pretty common, been used for years now. The thing is, they are really secondary to the main Intel (or AMD chips on AMD boards) chipset, and may not be active when installing an OS, they are not the primary SATA controllers on the board. In order to use them during an OS installation, you must load a driver for them during the installation phase that provides that option. That's not necessary for the primary SATA controller.

As I said, the ASMedia controller might work with your DVD drive during the OS installation, but I am certain the Intel controller will, and I'm trying to keep this as problem free for you as possible.

Comment

Well, unless Adelaide, Australia is in the same time zone as Chicago, USA, we are on similar schedules...

Silly me, I forgot that the Intel B75 chipset has only one SATA III port, the others are SATA II. Some of the other 7 series chipsets have two SATA III ports. Yes, definitely connect your SSD to the Intel SATA III port!!

SATA III controllers like the ASMedia and Marvell are additional SATA controllers that are added to boards, and pretty common, been used for years now. The thing is, they are really secondary to the main Intel (or AMD chips on AMD boards) chipset, and may not be active when installing an OS, they are not the primary SATA controllers on the board. In order to use them during an OS installation, you must load a driver for them during the installation phase that provides that option. That's not necessary for the primary SATA controller.

As I said, the ASMedia controller might work with your DVD drive during the OS installation, but I am certain the Intel controller will, and I'm trying to keep this as problem free for you as possible.
                              Hi Parsec,

Yeah somehow I don't think we're in the same time zone with that extra bit of information. I remember visiting Chicago sometime in the early to mid 70's, the Sears tower had just been completed and of course coming from a city that may have had it's maximum building height at about 20 floors at the time (now 35) I had to go up top of the worlds tallest building. I can still remeber that feeling in the lift as your stomach gets left behind with the sheer speed of lift off haha.

Now an UPDATE. You will be very relieved to know that everything is now up and running as it should thank heavens. I take back all I was saying about W8, it's a marvelous OS. I still have one question though, in the device manger it shows 2 unidentified items that W8 can neither recognize or find updated drivers for, any idea what those 2 items may be, or don't I worry about it?

Many thanks to everyone who helped this old man get the wife off his back.

Cheers,
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X