Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H67M-ITX PCI Express slot

Hi,

I have the H67m-ITX mother board running Windows 7 pro 64bit. I purchased a PCI Express eSata controller card, because the MB eSata doesn't support port multlipcation. It appears that the OS isn't seeing the new card in the PCIe slot. Here is the card: 2 Port PCI Express eSATA Controller Adapter Card | StarTech.com .

I check the device manager and I am not seeing anything. I saw a couple of other posts here where people are have similar issues with other cards.

any help is appreciated.

thank you,
    Strat

Re: H67M-ITX PCI Express slot

No problem device showing in Dev Mgr with an ! ?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      No problem device showing in Dev Mgr with an ! ?
      Thanks for the reply. No I'm not seeing anything at all in the device manager. Usually you will see a message saying windows found new hardware, but I didn't even get that.

thanks
      Strat

Comment

No added "Storage controllers" listed in Dev Mgr either?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Yeah. I don't see the new device at all. Here's is a screen shot of the device manager .

thanks again.
          Strat
          Attached Files

Comment

With the card installed, (re-)boot your system and install an eSata cable between the card and your external enclosure and after you get the cable secured at both ends power on the enclosure.

Post back what you see when you do the above please. Also, look in Dev Mgr afterwards, when you have the enclosure connected and powered up. Looking for the infamous ! showing a device error. And too look for a new "Storage Controllers' listing that might magically appear.

Comment

Thanks again...

I did what you suggested and it still didn't show up in the device manager. I am going to try two more things.

First I am going to update the bios. I have 2.10. I am going to update to 2.20. I didn't do this earlier because I didn't see any reason to based on the fixes listed. By the way I have already updated all other drivers. Second I am going to put this card in another system and make sure the card is opperable.

I'll post my results shortly.

thank you
              Strat

Comment

The bios update didn't help.

I inserted the card into another system and it was recogized fine. Strange. I'm running out of ideas.

Thanks
                Strat.

Comment

Hi stratocaster,

I'm having the same issue on an Asrock H77M-ITX. In my case the S-ATA card is an Adaptec 1220SA.
                  If you find a workaround or another card that works, please update this thread, I'm looking for alternatives currently because I need two additional S-ATA ports.
                  I've contacted Asrock support as well, I'll update here if I get a solution.

Thanks!

Comment

xck3001,

Will do. I just found this on the web. Looks like the same problem. Unfortunately he didn't find a solution either. Wardog is giving me a hand with this. Hopefully we can come up with a solution.

strat

Comment

Working...
                    X