LSI 9280 Raid and Windows 7 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSI 9280 Raid and Windows 7 Issues

Not sure if this is the proper forum but I hope someone can help. I currently have a Raid Array set up with 4 3TB Western Digital RE4 drives. I've created both a Raid 5 and Raid 10 array - both give me the same issues.

I've done a full initialization via the megaraid storage manager and haven't had any issues. However, when I enter disk management in windows 7 (professional, 64bit) and attempt to create a simple volume I get an error. I have had 3 different errors:

1. Ball spins and nothing happens until I get an error telling me to refresh my disk management console or restart computer.

2. Corrupt or Unreadable disks.

3. Formatting will begin but my controller will then beep 4 times and system will crash (continue beeping)

Again I'm not sure what is going on. I think disks are ok because the controller recognizes them, says they are healthy and system is optimal. Full initialization went smoothly.

I think it is a software issue or something I am messing up. Any help appreciated. The disk is selected as GPT as it is over 2TB. My Windows is up to date as well as drivers.

Also, I have a Raid 0 volume with 2 SSDs that I am running via the same controller for my OS/Apps. Zero issues with this.

Thanks!

-Randy
    Last edited by Rlr297; 01-06-2013, 03:32 PM. Reason: Additional information

Re: LSI 9280 Raid and Windows 7 Issues

Problem solved, drivers were outdated...wups.

Originally posted by Rlr297 View Post
    Not sure if this is the proper forum but I hope someone can help. I currently have a Raid Array set up with 4 3TB Western Digital RE4 drives. I've created both a Raid 5 and Raid 10 array - both give me the same issues.

I've done a full initialization via the megaraid storage manager and haven't had any issues. However, when I enter disk management in windows 7 (professional, 64bit) and attempt to create a simple volume I get an error. I have had 3 different errors:

1. Ball spins and nothing happens until I get an error telling me to refresh my disk management console or restart computer.

2. Corrupt or Unreadable disks.

3. Formatting will begin but my controller will then beep 4 times and system will crash (continue beeping)

Again I'm not sure what is going on. I think disks are ok because the controller recognizes them, says they are healthy and system is optimal. Full initialization went smoothly.

I think it is a software issue or something I am messing up. Any help appreciated. The disk is selected as GPT as it is over 2TB. My Windows is up to date as well as drivers.

Also, I have a Raid 0 volume with 2 SSDs that I am running via the same controller for my OS/Apps. Zero issues with this.

Thanks!

-Randy

Comment

Working...
    X