CIR Header on A75M-ITX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIR Header on A75M-ITX

I built my first HTPC using the ASRock A75M-ITX board; so far, I'm very pleased with it. One area that's a little head-scratching, however, is with its CIR Header (which I want to enable in order to utilize my Rosewill RHRC-11002 remote). I've hooked up my front USB cable correctly and can get the IR dongle to work in the right USB port; the left port, however, doesn't seem to do anything. The manual states that it ought to act as a normal USB port. To test, I've been using a wired HP mouse; when I plug it in, the IR beam on the bottom glows (indicating it's receiving power?), but the mouse doesn't do anything.

I've triple checked the wiring and am certain that it's correctly placed. I'm hoping that someone out there has an answer for me.

For what it's worth, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium as the OS.

Thanks!

Re: CIR Header on A75M-ITX

It requires a special USB dongle made for CIR and you connect the header by shifting it down over the white and the bottom blue pins.

see here:

Comment

I checked and it doesn't appear that the Rosewill RHRC-11002 remote comes with a CIR dongle. it's a plain jane USB IR dongle.
      The benefit of CIR is that you will be able to wake from deep sleep states.

Syn

Comment

Originally posted by synack View Post
        I checked and it doesn't appear that the Rosewill RHRC-11002 remote comes with a CIR dongle. it's a plain jane USB IR dongle.
        The benefit of CIR is that you will be able to wake from deep sleep states.

Syn
        Thanks for the reply.

A bit more background - my primary reason for wanting to experiment with this is precisely the scenario you describe: I wanted the remote to be able to turn the PC on from a complete shutdown state. When I had the front USB ports wired to use both USB 2.0 headers (USB_67 and USB_89), I couldn't get the remote to turn the PC on; when I wired the ports to USB_89 and the CIR header, I was able to have the remote turn on the PC from shutdown (with the previously described side effect of not being able to use the left-hand USB port).

Another piece: I did configure my BIOS to allow USB keyboard/remote devices to wake the PC from S5 (this was done in both cases - where I'd wired both USB ports and where I'd wired USB_89 and CIR). I'm a bit green when it comes to how this actually works, so I'm not sure if this is correct.

Any other thoughts? I appreciate your help.
        Last edited by bachya; 01-21-2013, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Alrighty, I'm back and have some success.

I plugged the front USB cable back into the USB_67 header (anecdotally, I think I originally had it in USB_89) - no CIR. After one power cycle, I was able to turn on the PC using the remote and was able to use the other USB port as normal.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it.

Comment

Glad you got it working. Thanks for the update.

Syn

Comment

Working...
            X