• Show
Clear All

• asrock fm2a85x extreme4 CRASHES

I wonder why I have had no help? Please someone

New build
    asrock fm2a85x extreme4.
    amd A8 5600k
    ram 8 gb kingston KHX16C9B1RK2/8 2 modules X4gb each

Please help, the board boots into bios with no problems , but on installing windows7 or windows8 it crashes out on first reboot, the only way then to boot is on safe mode and then it cannot finish installing windows on safe mode,

I have tried with 3 different hard drives including one ssd drive I have swapped the sticks of ram around updated the bios to 1.20.

I do not think it is the power supply.

everything in the bios appears to be OK.

Please help I do not know what else to do.
    Last edited by pedrob; 02-05-2013, 06:58 AM. Reason: no help

Re: asrock fm2a85x extreme4 CRASHES

Check the Speed of your Ram i had no luck with the same ram on a build i did. had to take the speed down to 1333 or lower to boot windows.
    7, 8 and XP

Originally posted by pedrob View Post

New build
    asrock fm2a85x extreme4.
    amd A8 5600k

Please help, the board boots into bios with no problems , but on installing windows7 or windows8 it crashes out on first reboot, the only way then to boot is on safe mode and then it cannot finish installing windows on safe mode,

I have tried with 3 different hard drives including one ssd drive I have swapped the sticks of ram around updated the bios to 1.20.

Comment

Re: asrock fm2a85x extreme4 CRASHES

Originally posted by pedrob View Post

New build
      asrock fm2a85x extreme4.
      amd A8 5600k

I went through 3 RMA's w/a FM2A85X. Nobody seemed to have a solution.
      On my last RMA ASRock Tech suggested I send everythingback (RAM, CPU, Board) This time I also bought a new Antec PSU.
      I'm not sure to this day what was wrong but the system was crashing on the install/load of 7 like yours.

Everything was nominal on everything I could test. I even have a discrete power tester for the PSU but there's not much you can stress out outside of windows with tests I could find. I discovered that even though the voltages were OK with the PSU, the device I have is basically a go/no go 'cause you can't load test. A load tester costs $5K.

The tech said that it's not all that unusual to go through 4 boards like I did. WTF?

Soooo What's my point? Try this:
      Delete your boot partition or drive. Let Window format it if it will. If not format to active or primary if you can
      Reset your CMOS to default values. Change nothing.
      Run Memtest 86+ ver 4.2
      Verify CPU isn't running hot
      Load windows via your DVD or the USB 2.0 ports only
      Reseat CPU & memory
      Remove everything that's connected to the board including discrete Graphics, extra internal & all external drives, hubs etc
      Plug your monitor into the VGA port
      Use a PS2 keyboard & a nothing fancy mouse if you have one
      Switch your SATA cables.
      Make sure your power connections to the board are solid

If it's still acting crazy, & before you start sending stuff back, beg borrow or steal an 80+ min 400W power supply 500 is better.
      More than that is a waste unless you are going to start adding graphics cards or huge RAID arrays.

Best of luck

Comment

Working...
      X