Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-UD3P v1.6 Post beeping when shutting down or even restart

Hi All,

I've went through the forums and I was not able to find the solution to this issue. This is really strange. Everything in the BIOS is set to "Load Safe" and I am not OC anything. I just got the mobo yesterday and I've inserted a E7500 CPU and a 2GB (2x1GB) Kingston Value DDR2 800mhz kit. The system does post and I was able to install Windows 7 Pro 64-bit last night, but every time I do a shutdown, the mobo beeps about 20 times and then shuts down. If I do a reboot instead of a shutdown, the mobo still beeps about 20 times, then the mobo does a power off, then it does a power on and then reboots into windows without any issues.

If seen mobo do this kinda power off/power on thing when you OC them, but I am not doing any OC at all, I am just trying to load this system at stock. I am running BIOS FD, I was thinking of updating it to FFb tonight when am back home. But I've never had this happen to me before.

Any ideas? I am not new to PC issues/parts but this one is confusing me. Is the mobo making changes to voltage or speed on every reboot?

Thanks in advance

Re: EP45-UD3P v1.6 Post beeping when shutting down or even restart

Welcome to TT first I would go into your bios and load Optimized Defaults instead of Load Safe settings save and reboot. If those are 20 real fast beeps it the memory some how. May try and reseat them and /or move them to thee other slots. Check your momorys timings and voltage in bios....

Comment

Thanks CDS Foley for the quick reply. I will check the memory settings in the BIOS and will load the "Optimized Defaults" instead of the "Load-Safe". I will update the thread tonight after I've done some changes to the BIOS.

Comment

Well since I have removed my Kingston Value kit and installed my Patriot Extreme Kit the beeping has stopped but now I'm trying to flash the BIOS from FD to FFb, I have tried to use Q-flash and it fails reading the file, I then tried using the boot-able USB drive and it still fails to read the file. I get error "Flash Erase Failed at FF5FFFFC" what else can I do?

I even tried to save my CMOS settings to BIOS and it won't let me. I type a name for my CMOS and hit enter and it just brings me back to the "Save CMOS settings as" screen but it did not save any profile, profile#1 still showing as empty. Could my CMOS battery be dead?
        Last edited by alamakluke; 01-29-2013, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Actually I have done a test and made some changes to the BIOS and then power off the PC for about 15 minutes. After I rebooted the PC and went back into the BIOS and my settings are long gone, so I am thinking that my CMOS battery is dead, I will change it and try again.

Comment

I tried a different CMOS battery and the same thing happens I cannot flash the BIOS to version FFb and plus I cannot save my CMOS to BIOS... I am completely lost

Comment

Does anybody have anything tips for me? Where else can I download the FFb BIOS for this mobo? I even tried a modified FFb BIOS file last night and it failed flashing that one as well

Comment

Try clearing your CMOS.
                If a short CMOS clear doesn't work:
                1. unplug your power supply from the wall outlet or the back of the psu
                2. remove your motherboard battery
                3. put a jumper block on both CLR_CMOS pins
                4. leave it for at least 20 minutes, but you might need to leave it for several hours or possibly overnight

If you are using a FAT32 usb drive for your bios flash, you might need to try a different brand or size usb drive.
                If you are using a floppy, put the bios file on a different floppy where you first do a full format on the floppy to insure that all sectors are good.
                If you have some unformated free space on your hard drive, you can also create a small FAT32 partition for the bios file.
                Qflash does not recognize NTFS partitions.
                Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Instead of going to the newer beta bios I would try an earlier bios. Try FB Link here; http://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/mot...d3p_1.6_fb.exe

you could also try a known modified bios;

GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.0/1.1 Bios F11d
                  Updated with...
                  IRST 11.5.0.1347 <--- Confirmed works
                  Realtek 2.47
                  Jmicron 1.07.28 <--- Confirmed works
                  ep45ud3pMOD_5_21_12.F11d
                  http://www.mediafire.com/file/dx1dix...21_12.F11d.rar

an extended cmos clear did help me once with my x58a-ud5 board, though I was extremely frustrated while waiting.

Vin
                  Main Rig
                  OS = Win10-64Bit
                  CPU = Ryzen 1700x Overclocked to 4Ghz with custom water-cooling loop
                  Mem = 16GB RAM @ 3200Mhz
                  MB = Asus ROG C6H
                  GPU = Asus 1080Ti ROG Strix
                  HD = 512GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
                  PSU = EVGA SuperNOVA 1300w
                  Case = Cooler Master HAF-X 945

HTPC / Home Server
                  OS = Win7 64Bit running XBMC HTPC Front end with Windows Server 2012 Virtual Machine with 12GB ram assigned for homer server
                  CPU = i7-980X @ 3.5Ghz CoolerMasster Hyper 212 Evo
                  Mem = 24GB RAM
                  MB = Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 v1.0 with F6 Bios
                  GPU = EVGA nVidia GT210
                  HD = 2x PNY 120GB Raid 0 (OS)
                  Storage = 8TB WD Black Storage
                  PSU = Corsair TX750
                  Case = Define R5

Comment

Originally posted by alamakluke View Post
                    Does anybody have anything tips for me? Where else can I download the FFb BIOS for this mobo? I even tried a modified FFb BIOS file last night and it failed flashing that one as well
                    Well sounds like a bad flash to me. All Bios versions can be had here: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-EP45-UD3P (rev. 1.6) Scroll down.

Comment

Thanks all for the replies. The location listed above is where I downloaded the BIOS file and it's not working. I also tried a different USB thumb drive, the 2nd one I tried was a 2GB one formatted in FAT. I also tried a 8GB one and that one was formatted in FAT32 and it still won't work. I don't have a floppy drive unfortunately to try flashing that way. I have also tried a modded BIOS file and that won't work as well. I guess the only thing left to do is a full CMOS clear. I will try to find a jumper and clear the CMOS for 20 minutes or more and see what happens, if that does not work, I guess I will have to leave it for 24 hours? That seems a long time?

Comment

A jumper block off of an old IDE hard drive will work.
                        Don't ask why, but sometimes an extended bios clear is required to clear up a bios problem.
                        In theory, it should only take 5 - 10 seconds or less.
                        There are many examples in the forum where it took 20 minutes or up to 24 hours for the CMOS clear to work.

There is a last resort option if the bios clear doesn't work, but there is a risk of permanently bricking your motherboard if your hand slips and you accidentally cause a short circuit.
                        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers

Comment

I am doing the full CMOS clear right now. Just started actually so I will leave it alone for 1 hour or so then put everything back to normal and see if I can flash the BIOS again using my 2GB FAT formatted USB drive.

What's funny is that while I was looking for a jumper for the clr_cmos I found a floppy drive but not sure it it works plus no floppy's around here anymore. I threw them all out years ago

Comment

Well I left it alone for about 2.5 hours and that did not help at all. I guess my next step is too leave it alone for 24 hours or so

I will leave it alone for 24 hours, but after that if that does not work....

"There is a last resort option if the bios clear doesn't work, but there is a risk of permanently bricking your motherboard if your hand slips and you accidentally cause a short circuit." How do I do that??
                            Last edited by alamakluke; 01-30-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Several more things to try if the extended CMOS clear doesn't help.
                              1. Beg, borrow, or steal a floppy disk, you will also need a floppy data cable.
                              2. Download several different bios versions but download from a different Gigabyte source, for example Europe or Asia.
                              3. Remove your motherboard from the computer case, set the mobo on a cardboard box next to your computer case.
                                Make sure that all cables and wires are secure and that your cpu heatsink is not loose.
                                Boot with a minimal hardware setup: one memory module, cpu, keyboard, graphics card and floppy or usb drive.

If all these steps fail, you should have the motherboard removed from the case when using the last resort.

What is the brand, model number and age of your power supply?

We need detailed information about ALL OF THE HARDWARE in your system.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs portion of your
                              forum profile http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile.php?do=editprofile at the bottom of the
                              profile page or in your forum signature http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature.
                              Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X