Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock B75 and H77 chipset?

Hi, H77chipset is more expensive than B75,
    so, what actually the benefit of choosing Asrock H77M instead of B75 Pro3-M?
    (i will not overclock my PC btw)

I will pair the motherboard with i5 Ivy Bridge processor and 2pcs of dual channel memory(2x2gb),
    as far as i know, H61 is not integrated with usb3.0 and sata3.0, but B75 is integrated for its system responsivenes,
    how bout the H77 vs B75?

thx

Re: Asrock B75 and H77 chipset?

The H77 has two Intel 6Gb/s ports, and RAID support. The B75 has one Intel 6Gb/s port, and no RAID support. Both have Intel USB 3.0 support.

Intel lists the price difference between the H77 and B75 as $6 USD, so the difference is not that large. Any large price difference between boards is for other reasons.

Comment

thx sir, so both of the motherboard adopt native usb3.0 and sata3

but what is raid support for sir? do i need the raid support?

Comment

If you don't know what RAID is, then you don't need it.

RAID in general is the combining of two or more disk drives for various purposes.

Comment

hahaha.. ok then, if i only use a single HDD so i don't need the feature on H77 chipset..

btw, will the more expensive the chipset is, the more responsive the system can run?

eq.I use B75 chipset, a sata3 HDD, and a GTX650 playing battlefield3 ultra setting,
          will it runs better if I use Z77 chipset,a sata3 HDD, and the same GTX650?

(i don't use overclock for both PCs)

Comment

The differences of these chipsets is not why one board will perform better with your configuration than another. The PCIe 3.0 interface is provided by the IB CPU, as long as you use an i5 or i7.

The B75 is the cheapest of the 7 series chipsets, and is used on cheaper boards. But the difference in not just the chipset. For example, the ASR B75 Pro 3 board uses the 4 + 1 phase CPU VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) design, which basically means five VR chips are used. The non M or ITX Z77 boards use at least a 6 + 2 phase CPU VRM, with 8 + 4 being more common, with others using 16 + 8 designs. The parts themselves are also better.

Unfortunately, the boards are not identical, with simply a different chipset. Plus all Z77 boards are not the same, so the comparison is to general. A cheaper Z77 board may perform the same as the best B75 board with your hardware, but the B75 board will be closer to its limits, and may run warmer.

Comment

Working...
            X