Deep Sleep S4/S5 not working in Z68 Extreme4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Sleep S4/S5 not working in Z68 Extreme4

Hi, I previously posted this issue some two years ago: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...tch-power.html

However, it seems with the latest BIOS versions 2 and above, the problem seems to be back. Even when I enable Deep Sleep in S5 or S4/S5 mode, my USB mouse gets powered up whenever I plug it out/plug it in when my computer has shut down, or when I switch off the mains and switch it on again.

What could be wrong?

Re: Deep Sleep S4/S5 not working in Z68 Extreme4

Do you have power on by mouse disabled? This option is usually found in the ACPI screen in the BIOS.

Frankly, S4 and S5 power states are not defined as zero power usage states. Microsoft explains them here:

System Power States (Windows)

A PC that is shutdown in Windows is in the S5 state, but still has some power applied to the board. The power switch on a PC is not a mechanical switch that allows electric current to flow, but an electronic switch that activates the major portion of a PSU. In order for that to function, some power is used by the board.

The only thing potentially wrong is either your configuration in the BIOS, or the option that turns off power on via mouse not working correctly. Even then, that setting may just cause a signal from the mouse to be ignored, and some power will still be applied to the mouse. The only way to truly turn off a PC is with the PSU's power switch.

Does your mouse have a power switch? Both of the mice I use can be turned off, but are wireless and use a battery.

Comment

Re: Deep Sleep S4/S5 not working in Z68 Extreme4

Yes, it is disabled. But the strange thing is that it happens only on my Razer DeathAdder, but perhaps because it has a LED mouse wheel light.

Also, this problem doesn't occur on my laptop with the same mouse.

As I mentioned, this problem didn't occur until the later BIOS revisions, indicating there has been some regression along the way...

Comment

Working...
      X