X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Rapid Start utility Failed to create Hidden partition

M/B - ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP
    OS - Win 8

I made a fresh installation of windows 8 on my PC.
    Installed ASRock Rapid Start utility as per the document.

And when i try to create a hidden partition using the utility, it is getting failed.
    I have tried all 3 possible sizes (2,4,8) gb's, but all failed.

Could someone please help me with it ?
    Thanks !!

Re: ASRock Rapid Start utility Failed to create Hidden partition

There is the ASR Rapid Start Utility, and the Rapid Start Driver, which are two separate downloads. Have you installed both of, in the order stated in the instructions?

Intel has a different procedure for Rapid Start with their mother boards, and combine the utility and driver in one installation download. Their instructions have you create the Rapid Start partition before installing the software.

Are you sure your drive is connected to the Intel SATA ports? Your board also has ASMedia SATA ports, which are located next to the 24 pin power connector. You can't use those for Rapid Start.

Rapid Start is meant to be used with a SSD, and you did not list one in your PC specs...

Comment

I am actually following the "Intel Rapid Start SetupGuide" available on http://www.asrock.com/support/note/IntelRapidStart.pdf

The problem that I am facing now is that i am not able to create the Rapid start partition (Step 2 in the above document)
      I am getting an error as "Please make sure the hard disk have enough space to create the hidden partition"
      I am very sure that the HDD has enough space(Coz just now did a fresh OS install with zero contents in the HDD).

I don't have a SSD and this feature is not just meant for SSD.

And regarding ASMedia SATA ports, ill check on it....

Comment

Hmmm this sounds familiar.

Try to activate XRAM first and then try to create a partition with rapidstart see if that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Akis View Post
          Hmmm this sounds familiar.

Try to activate XRAM first and then try to create a partition with rapidstart see if that works.

Could you please tell me how to activate XRAM ?

Google results are not clear !

Comment

Which program you use for XFast RAM.Choose a size like 1gb and turn eveything on except from BACKUP/RESTORE.At lest thats how i fixed mine i used to get that message too after i made an XRAM partition rapidstart worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Akis View Post
              Which program you use for XFast RAM.Choose a size like 1gb and turn eveything on except from BACKUP/RESTORE.At lest thats how i fixed mine i used to get that message too after i made an XRAM partition rapidstart worked.
              I tried as you have mentioned, activated XFAST RAM for 1gb, but still i am facing the issue !

Comment

Originally posted by pearleye View Post
                I don't have a SSD and this feature is not just meant for SSD...
                From Intel's Rapid Start Guide, bullet list item three:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rapidstartreq.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	753650

http://download.intel.com/support/mo..._guide_v11.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                  From Intel's Rapid Start Guide, bullet list item three:

[ATTACH]5814[/ATTACH]

http://download.intel.com/support/mo..._guide_v11.pdf

Oops... Thanks for the info....
                  I don't have a SSD, so ill forget this feature :(

Comment

This feature is really a variation on Windows Hibernate, which you could use instead of this. I am a bit surprised the setup apparently won't allow a HDD to be used, since that is not a requirement of Hibernate.

Comment

Working...
                    X