Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 990FX Extreme3 and Samsung 840 TLC series BSODs & corruption

Hi,

I have two different boards with two different CPUs & DDR3 sticks. Windows 7 64bit with latest updates & current chipset drivers (13.1). The sata driver itself seems to be from 04/2012.

We are running latest bios 1.50

First board was at the customer and I changed two different SSDs. I ended up changing to Z77 PRO4-M & I7-3770K and the problems stopped. I did not change the last installed SSD, only the processor & mb was changed and of course drivers for Intel stuff. I firmly believe that the problem lies within Extreme3 motherboard controller and/or bios (we build computers for a living, for 20 years now).

Now we have a fresh build with this board and customer had system running with mechanical drive very well. Cloned to Samsung SSD problems started and it ends up corrupting the file system. Tried different SSD, same story.

I wonder if there is a beta bios for this board around?

I mean maybe there is some sort of setting similar to Z77 Pro4-M bios where you can state the nature of the drive HDD or SSD.

BR,

Markku

Re: 990FX Extreme3 and Samsung 840 TLC series BSODs & corruption

Event Viewer give any clue on the BSODs?

> Cloned to Samsung SSD problems started and it ends up corrupting the file system

In what manner is it corrupting the file system?
    If CHKDSK runs on startup perhaps, Microsoft KB2823324.
    Last edited by therube; 04-24-2013, 12:25 PM.

Comment

ISTOP: 0x000000F4 A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

Corruption is final (beyond CHKDSK to recover). I forgot to mention if we use IDE mode, no problems!

And yes memtest has been run and all the usual tests. We had similar problems back in a day with 870 Extreme boards. Funnily enough we have had no problems with FM1/FM2 based builds with SSDs.

I have a feeling that AM3+ boards do not get the same attention as Intel/FM2 boards do.

Markku

Comment

> if we use IDE mode, no problems

Then you were using, what, AHCI?

? A process or thread crucial to system... STOP: 0x000000F4

Comment

Working...
        X