Number lock and mouse issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number lock and mouse issues

I set up my Z77 Extreme 4 when I first got it a few months back and all was made for love. Then, while messing around with cables, I accidentally cleared the CMOS.
    I let things go for a while and recently I decided to look over the Bios and set it up again as a couple of things bugged me. The first of which is the number lock. I use a compact keyboard (fits nicely between my N52te and my mouse) so I don't want it on. I went in and turned it off in the bios and that setting does not appear to work. I tried turning it off in the Windows Registry, again, with no luck. Any ideas?
    The second issue I have is the mouse buttons don't work in the Win8 login screen. The cursor moves just fine but the mouse buttons don't work.
    I can logon to the start screen but the mouse buttons don't work for 10 seconds or so. Before the reset they used to fine (I've added the system password since the crash) and I could immediately go to the desktop. Any ideas?
    Windows8 Pro 64 bit
    Antec EA650 Power Supply
    ASRock Z-77 Extreme 4
    I5 3570K
    8 gig of HyperX 1600 DDR3
    Kingston HyperX 3K 240 gig SSD
    ASUS DirectCU II TOP GTX 660
    Cooler Master Storm Scout case

Re: Number lock and mouse issues

What version of the BIOS/UEFI does your board have? Later versions provide Windows 8 support and better USB support.

You have keyboard and mouse issues but did not list what keyboard and mouse you use.

The default USB settings apparently don't work for you, but did you change them before the CMOS reset? Have you loaded the standard default settings with that option in the BIOS?

Comment

Re: Number lock and mouse issues

Sorry, I meant to give the mouse, it's a Corsair M60 vengeance. The keyboard is just a junky little mini keyboard that works well enough and is powered by the USB. I just updated the BIOS to the latest 2.8
      Sometimes the mouse buttons will work and when they do I can get to the desktop very quickly. The number lock is frustrating as it positively ignores the BIOS setting.
      Windows8 Pro 64 bit
      Antec EA650 Power Supply
      ASRock Z-77 Extreme 4
      I5 3570K
      8 gig of HyperX 1600 DDR3
      Kingston HyperX 3K 240 gig SSD
      ASUS DirectCU II TOP GTX 660
      Cooler Master Storm Scout case

Comment

Working...
      X