Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will ASRock Z87 Extreme9/ac provide me with two PCI-e 3.0 X16 lanes for my Crossfire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will ASRock Z87 Extreme9/ac provide me with two PCI-e 3.0 X16 lanes for my Crossfire?

I bought an Intel Core i7 4770K CPU and I want it to be part of a new system that will be very good for years and allow me to grow, e.g. migrate over to SSD's with SATA III. I want the most bang for my dollar. I would like to know whether the ASRock Extreme9/ac motherboard will give me two PCI-e 3.0 X16 lanes for my Crossfire. Where will this motherboard be sold in the United States? If these questions can be satisfactorily answered I'm anxious to purchase it. I noticed it has a PCI-e X1 slot away from the two top X16 slots for my sound card and thank goodness, lots of clearance around the socket, especially for getting my fingers in there when I install a third party heat sink. Oh, BTW, can you recommend a good heat sink for my Core i7 4770K, too? Thank you.

Re: Will ASRock Z87 Extreme9/ac provide me with two PCI-e 3.0 X16 lanes for my Crossfire?

The ASRock Z87 Extreme9/ac will provide two PCIe 3.0 X16 lanes, due to the add-on PLX chips. From the specs:

5 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE1/PCIE2/PCIE3/PCIE4/PCIE6:

single at x16 (PCIE2);

dual at x16 (PCIE1) / x16 (PCIE4);

triple at x8 (PCIE1) / x8 (PCIE3) / x16 (PCIE4);

quad at x8 (PCIE1) / x8 (PCIE3) / x8 (PCIE4) / x8 (PCIE6))

PLX PEX 8747 and PLX PEX 8608 embedded

When will it be sold in the US? Who knows, keep Googling for it.

A good heatsink? An extra good one, the best you can afford, Haswell runs warm.

Comment

Working...
    X