M3a770de no audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M3a770de no audio

I just changed out my motherboard to a M3A770DE with a six core processor and 16Gb ram. Everything seemed to go very smooth except that I have no sound...anywhere.
    When the system booted up today, I got a notice that a new driver needed to be installed for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 240, which included new audio drivers. When I check the properties of the playback devices, the only device shown is the S/PDIF 5 High Definition audio device. And when I check the properties of it, it shows it is connected only to the optical jack. In the bios, I can select 'Auto', 'Enabled', or 'Disabled' for the HD audio. Regardless of "Auto' or 'Enabled' no sound comes out. The meters show the sound levels changing with the actual sound of the source, but no sound out of my speaker(which by the way is just a plain old stereo speaker with the normal 3 wire jack). I checked the device manager and compared what I have for the playback device and both show the driver is from Microsoft dated 1/8/2013 and installed 6/27/13 when I first installed the new board. It shows it to be associated with HD audio location 0. The device manager also shows four other HD audio devices at locations 0-3 associated with NVIDA with new driver service installed 7/1/13 nvidia HDA service and HDAudio service installed on6/27/13.
    Also it does not matter whether I plug the speakers into the front green jack or the green jack on the back, no sound. (Here I think I have the front panel wires connected correctly but I am not absolutely certain) I have tried to get sound out with the wires connected and disconnected. I also have CD/DVD audio cable from my first DVD to the CD1 connector on the motherboard.
    I am running Windows 8 64bit.
    Can anyone tell me how to get plain old stereo sound out of this thing? Sorry for the frustrated comment.

Re: M3a770de no audio

This issue has been resolved by an ASROCK tech named Eric through their support pages form.
    Here is what he wrote.
    Sorry about the issue you are having on the sound. Please try download the 10.12aa driver from the link below.
    http://www.via.com.tw/en/<wbr>support/drivers.jsp
    This link takes you to a form where you input you OS, type of driver issue and the hardware associated. In my case I needed to select the VT1708s block of associated hardware which then takes you to page with two driver options. As Eric wrote, I selected the 10.12a option and presto, change-o "SOUND".
    Thanks to everyone who may have taken the time to view and/or respond with suggestions.

Comment

Working...
    X