No POST Z87 Extreme4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No POST Z87 Extreme4

This is a new build with all new components. I had everything assembled in the case and discovered a no POST issue so now I've got the mobo on the bench with CPU, cooler, & memory installed. I turn the power on (via psu) and the fans on the radiator spin. The light on the H100i cooler starts off white then turn to red after about 5 seconds at the same time the fans slow down. Dr. Debug LEDs don't shows life intermittently and the power & reset buttons on the board are unresponsive. Additionally, while the unit was assembled, the power LED on the case would not light up.

I've tried installing only 1 memory in various slots and re-seating the cpu. Any help would be appreciated.

First time posting so I am not sure if my profile computer specs will automatically post but just in case it doesn't:
    Mobo-Asrock Z87 Extreme4
    CPU-i7 4770K
    Memory-Corsair Vengeance Pro 16G (2x8)
    CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i
    PSU-Corsair HX650
    Case-Cooler Master HAF XB

Re: No POST Z87 Extreme4

New power supply is always a suspect in an all new system. Can you swap in another one for a test?

Sorry but must ask, is the eight pin CPU power cable connected at the top of the board?

If you did start to POST, you should see POST codes in the Dr Debug display.

Many boards when powered is applied for the first time or after power is removed for a while and restored will not light up the power LED for some reason. Very annoying and does not help diagnosing power problems.

Comment

Resolved

I just got back from Micro Center where I bought the mobo. They found it to be a defective mobo. I had to pay them about $20 to find out but at least I'm back up and running. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X