Creating Raid Volume with Extreme6 Z87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating Raid Volume with Extreme6 Z87

I have two OCZ Vectors ready for Raid 0 but I have searched and searched the 2.10 Bios and I do not see how to designate a Raid 0 volume. There is no option for Intel RST anywhere in the Bios featureset. The only function I see is "Sata Mode Selection" which gives you the choice of want IDE, SATA, or RAID. But how do I create a volume from 2 of the 6 Z87 SATA ports????

Would appreciate some help...
    Last edited by TV107; 07-17-2013, 09:16 PM.

Re: Creating Raid Volume with Extreme6 Z87

nevermind found a pdf with the answer...you press Ctrl + I at bootup

Comment

Yep, for legacy RAID OROM. If you decide to go full UEFI then you might find the RAID config menu in the BIOS itself, so no need for "Ctrl-i". The reason I say "may" is because this is a fairly recent addition that not all OEM's have addressed, at least not on previous arch.

Comment

Originally posted by µcode View Post
        Yep, for legacy RAID OROM. If you decide to go full UEFI then you might find the RAID config menu in the BIOS itself, so no need for "Ctrl-i". The reason I say "may" is because this is a fairly recent addition that not all OEM's have addressed, at least not on previous arch.
        Believe it or not, ASRock has included the Intel RAID configuration option in the UEFI/BIOS, in at least some of their Z87 boards, and also in a UEFI/BIOS update on some of their Z77 boards. My ASRock Z77 Ex 4 board has this feature, added in UEFI 2.10.

I should thank ASRock for including this feature on some boards, although I'm sure the majority of owners are not UEFI booting with Windows 8 and using RAID volumes. I've used it and it works fine.

Note that as µcode said, this option only appears when Windows 8 (and possibly Windows 7, I can't remember) is installed and started in full UEFI booting mode, and the Intel SATA mode set to RAID. This is how it appears in the Z87 Ex 6 board's UEFI:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UEFI RAID option.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	753784

Comment

Working...
        X