No announcement yet.

AsRock A85XFM2 Extreme6 Turned Off and not powering back on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock A85XFM2 Extreme6 Turned Off and not powering back on.

Hi there guys,

So i've had this motherboard for a couple of months and it suddenly turned off while playing a game and it won't turn back on, issues encountered before the not turning back on happened were: the CPU volt was under the one specified on the bios e.g stock volt on my 6800k apu was 1.325v(at 4.4ghz boost) i had to set it up to 1.4v coz of the vDrop (probably was happening with all other components? who knows).

So i was playing f1 2012 perfectly and all of the sudden the motherboard powered off, i had the CPU at stock clock and volt but i had the iGPU oc'ed to 1086mhz tested and it was stable, temps were good with my aftermarket cooler the CM Gemini s524.

I tried changing the PSU with my twin brother who also has an AsRock 990fx Extreme4 motherboard, my PSU was good and so was his so the PSU was not the motive, tried moving the memory kits around which is 4gbx2 g.skill 2400mhz (they ran at market speed completely stable) again tested them on my brother's computer and they worked, tried contacting AsRock support and they told me that the motherboard should turn on with only the RAM sticks to allow the bios to be flashed, to my horror the board didn't turn on...i tried checking the capacitors and other electronic components on the board to check if anything blew up but everything seems to be fine, i've tried everything and it just won't turn on.

any suggestions on what might possibly make it return to me D:(my precious)?

Thanks in advance,
    BlackMist

P.S: APU's are so unappreciated, loved it while it lasted.

Re: AsRock A85XFM2 Extreme6 Turned Off and not powering back on.

Sounds like the board has died. I would suggest pulling the cmos battery for a bit,if that don't work RMA the motherboard

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler.Bernath View Post
      Sounds like the board has died. I would suggest pulling the cmos battery for a bit,if that don't work RMA the motherboard
      Thanks for the quick reply i'll try when i get home, also is it a common issue for motherboards to have vDrop or is it a factory problem?

Comment

If the two RESET wires that connect to the motherboard's front panel header pins are shorted, this could be your problem.
        Disconnect both wires from the motherboard's pins to see if this helps.

Also disconnect both front panel POWER wires from the motherboard and then carefully connect these two pins for a brief moment to see if your system will start. Your motherboard user manual has a detailed diagram that shows the location and layout for the front panel pins.

If your system still won't boot, see http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post463804, posts #3 - #9 for a description of doing a minimal hardware test with your motherboard removed from the computer case.

Search using: vdroop vs vdrop for a detailed explanation.
        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
          If the two RESET wires that connect to the motherboard's front panel header pins are shorted, this could be your problem.
          Disconnect both wires from the motherboard's pins to see if this helps.

Also disconnect both front panel POWER wires from the motherboard and then carefully connect these two pins for a brief moment to see if your system will start. Your motherboard user manual has a detailed diagram that shows the location and layout for the front panel pins.

If your system still won't boot, see http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post463804, posts #3 - #9 for a description of doing a minimal hardware test with your motherboard removed from the computer case.

Search using: vdroop vs vdrop for a detailed explanation.
          Thanks for the suggestions but i used my motherboard on top of it's box for quite a while(w/o case) and it just turned off by itself and tbh i suffer from both vDroop and vDrop, read about them and i couldn't have been my PSU since it supplied sufficient power to an old PhenomIIX4 965BE which uses more power than my APU, i had a voltage set in bios and it was at the same time lower in CPU-Z while still higher than stock and lower than set in bios and then lower than needed by CPU in full load (it was pretty crazy).

Already saving to buy another motherboard possibly of a different brand, my twin brother's having problems with the 1st RAM slot on his AsRock 2yo mobo that he might change in the future, will take any suggestions for am3+ and fm2 mobos.

And thanks again :).

Comment

Working...
          X