Bios Screen Resolution Issue - z68 Extreme4 Gen3 - Bios v.2.3 -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios Screen Resolution Issue - z68 Extreme4 Gen3 - Bios v.2.3 -

Hopefully someone can tell me that there is a explanation/fix for this but I couldn't find it or maybe its isolated to me, but otherwise I think I stumbled upon a bug in the latest bios for the motherboard in the title. I was previously on v1.0 so really old bios. I did search but couldn't find any references for screen issues.

The Problem:

When I have both the Plasma and the Dell plugged in together my start up splash logo is magnified and when I enter the bios the UEFI screen is also this way. There seems to be a resolution mismatch as it is detecting both monitors and it throwing off the resolution, possibly? Either way I only see about the top fourth of the available interface magnified. Anyways as soon as I unplug one or the other and reboot it works fine. It should be noted that the RAID and SATA controller screens were unaffected and worked fine even when both were plugged in.

I have the Plasma attached via HDMI and DVI for the Dell. Got all the latest Catalyst and motherboard drivers.

Dell U2311H
    Panasonic ST60

i5-2500k
    z68 extreme4 gen3
    XFX 6970
    8GB RAM
    Win 7 x64
    Last edited by wuzupfoo; 08-26-2013, 09:27 PM.

Re: Bios Screen Resolution Issue - z68 Extreme4 Gen3 - Bios v.2.3 -

Drivers don't matter when your in BIOS. The issue lies within your Monitors. Check the aspect ratio and make sure its set to normal mode and not wide or zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler.Bernath View Post
      Drivers don't matter when your in BIOS. The issue lies within your Monitors. Check the aspect ratio and make sure its set to normal mode and not wide or zoom.
      Yeah I was pretty sure that drivers don't mean anything since its at the BIOS stage not the OS but wanted to throw that out there just so someone wouldn't say update your drivers.. Also and more importantly Aspect Ratio isn't a problem when I have only the monitor plugged in and it wasn't a problem in v1.0 with both plugged in. So nothing else changed other than the Bios update..

I'll double check but I stand by my hypothesis that the new BIOS is mucking up the screen detection somehow when two monitors are connected. Though im hoping someone else that is having this issue and can confirm it. Maybe its just my board.
      Last edited by wuzupfoo; 08-27-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what the issue is that you're having, though I've read of people having resolution problems on their TV as well (many not even getting a UEFI picture at all because their TV can't handle the signal).

One thing which might or might not help you though: I had both monitors connected over HDMI (one with a DVI to HDMI adapter, the other HDMI directly), and the ASRock UEFI screen would pop up on the monitor which uses the the DVI to HDMI adapter. As I wanted to have the possibility of a 3rd screen (my TV) I changed the direct HDMI to HDMI monitor cable to a DVI to DVI cable, and put the TV on the HDMI port instead. Since doing that the UEFI screen switched to the other monitor, the one I've connected over DVI now. I don't know WHY it does that though.

Comment

Working...
        X