Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock H87M Pro4, Wake on Lan dont work

Hello,

i have 3 of your mainboards, an B85M/ITX,an H77M/ITX and now an H87M Pro4.
    On the other boards Wake on Lan works fine but with my new H87M Pro4 icant use WOL.
    I know the point in the driver ( Wake on Magic Paket) and WOL is turned on in bios, i test also Wake on PCI.
    I also wonder, that the LED of the NIC goes of when i shut down and also the port LED of my router switch of when i shut down. With the other boards, the LED still on and also the port LED of the router.
    I also cant start the H87 with USB mouse or keyboard.

I think, there is no power on pci-e line. So please Asrock: Fix it as fast as possible :)

System is Windows 8 Pro, Bios V1.70

Re: Asrock H87M Pro4, Wake on Lan dont work

No one else this problem?? Answer form Asrock Support was unhelpful and the dont answer again :(

Comment

Did you install the LAN driver for your board's Intel NIC, Lan driver ver:18.5.54.0?

The NIC LEDs stay on with my ASRock Z87 Ex 6 board, so something is not configured right, IMO.

Have you configured the NIC in Device Manager, Network Adapters, the Power Management tab? When the Intel LAN driver is installed, the default values are on for WOL.

Starting the PC from a mouse or keyboard are settings in the BIOS, in the ACPI screen.

Comment

Thanx for your answer.
        Ive tested it with the Lan Driver from Asus site and with the newer form Intel. And i known the settings in the driver, Asrock support post it also to me.
        But nothing work with the H87M. Only Standby and Hibernate work but no S5 (Shut down).
        When i disable Hibernate (powercfg /h off) then i can shutdown and WOL work.

My other Asrock Boards work fine with WOL and Fastboot (H77M and B85M) but the have no INtel NIC.

Comment

SO, i tested again and again... many different drivers for the Intel NIC, from older to the newest.
          And in the last INtel driver 18.7 i found this in the readme:
          Under Microsoft Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012, the system may not wake even
          though Wake on LAN settings are enabled. Disabling Fast Startup in the
          operating system should resolve the issue.

Iam not very happy about this... i buy this Asrock board because it has the Ultrafast Boot feature and WOL and now i must read, that WOL doenst work with Fastboot??
          Why Asrock wrote: Windows 8 ready, when i must disable one of the features of Windows 8 . Sorry Asrock thats not fine!

Comment

Originally posted by tasar View Post
            SO, i tested again and again... many different drivers for the Intel NIC, from older to the newest.
            And in the last INtel driver 18.7 i found this in the readme:
            operating system should resolve the issue.

Iam not very happy about this... i buy this Asrock board because it has the Ultrafast Boot feature and WOL and now i must read, that WOL doenst work with Fastboot??
            Why Asrock wrote: Windows 8 ready, when i must disable one of the features of Windows 8 . Sorry Asrock thats not fine!
            Well let's see, the Intel NIC chip uses the Intel NIC chip driver, both created by Intel.

The Intel NIC driver Readme explains an issue when it is used with Windows 8's fast boot mode. The fast/Ultra Fast boot feature is a Windows 8 feature, not really an ASRock feature, although the ASRock BIOS allows you to enable that feature. Actually, Windows 8 fast boot is enabled in Windows 8 by default.

Ultra Fast boot is really enabling true UEFI booting with a Windows 8 installation configured for UEFI booting. The ASRock BIOS allows that feature to be enabled, but they did not invent it.

So the Intel NIC and Intel NIC driver, when used with Microsoft Windows 8's fast boot feature, does not allow WOL to work correctly. How is that an ASRock problem?

Comment

Sorry man, my english is not good and so excuse my simple words but you write a lot of bull****!
              I dont use another NIC on this board, i use the INtel Onboard and
              Asrock advertises with this features:
              Windows 8 Ready,Supports Wake-On-LAN, Supports Intel Remote Wake Technology

But now i must discover that this features doenst work and Asrock did the Intel NIC on her boards not i!
              Why the write this not on there Homepage that WOL doenst work with Windows 8 and Fastboot and there!! Intel NIC.

And another thing, why there support dont answer me about this?
              I like Asrocks Board and as you can read, i have 3 of them. 2 with no problems in WOL and Fastboot.

Sorry but your argument that this is not an Asrock problem, is nonsense.

Comment

Sorry, but I just write the facts and truth.

Of course you use the onboard Intel NIC chip, when did I say you didn't?

Do all your other boards use the Intel I217V chip? No, not one of them, all different NIC chips, and none of them Intel chips.

This is what Intel states in the Release Notes for the 18.7 network driver:

operating system should resolve the issue

ASRock cannot make the Intel network driver do anything more than Intel can. How can ASRock fix or change Windows 8?

Good luck getting anyone but Intel to fix this problem.

Comment

I found your argument curious... when you buy a brand new car and the generator-which came for example from Bosch- doenst work correctly, then this is a problem of the car manufacturer and he must correct it.
                  And i dont think that is only an Intel problem, because other boards with the same NIC dont have this problem.
                  I think its an Asrock Bios problem, because also wake on USB doenst work with this board. And i also tested it with an INtel PCI-E NIC, thats works very fine in an HP Microserver. But not on the Asrock board.
                  The card gets no power in S5, so my idea is, that the PCI-E lane is completly powerless in S5.

I wrote this now 3 times to Asrock support and ask for help but the dont answer and i think, Asrock has no interesst to help me or fix the problem.

Comment

I have solved my problem with WOL: Send back the Asrock board and buy an MSI and WOL work fine.

Comment

i have the exact same problem .. I have been trying to remote switch on the PC for 2 days and couldn't solve it, am using the latest drivers from Asrock website, checked the required settings, upgrade the BIOS ... remote shutdown and remote reset features work via Meshcentral but not remote boot up

Comment

I was told that the Wake On Lan only works on PC at Suspend Mode ... and not PC already shutdown .. is this correct? Does anyone know ?

Comment

No, WOL should work from a shutdown, since the PSU is on and the mother board has power, and the LAN chip should be active in that situation.

Are you using Windows 8? The Intel LAN driver is known to have a WOL issue with Windows 8. Are you using the Intel LAN driver from your board's download page or the driver disk?

You said you had things configured correctly, WOL enabled in the BIOS? WOL enabled in the Device Manager entry for the Intel LAN chip?

Comment

Actually after doing more research, seems that Intel Remote Wake does NOT work on Hibernate and Shutdown

Troubleshooting
                            Program does not wake computer
                            Possible causes and solutions to this problem include the following:

The PC does not support Intel RWT.

Intel RWT requires a wired Ethernet connection from the PC to the broadband modem/router to operate correctly. Make sure your Intel RWT supported PC is configured properly.
                            The PC may be in hibernate or shutdown preventing remote wake. Set PC to sleep mode. To manually put your computer to sleep: click Start, click the arrow next to the Lock button, and then select Sleep.

UnQuote

Comment

Ok .. i got reply from Asrock support which confirms that PC can only remote wake from Sleep or Hibernate ... but strangely, the Remote Wake still does NOT work on MeshCentral but Remote Wake works on Splashtop ...

I'm assuming that they are using magic packet to wake the PC so MeshCentral's magic packet might have some problems that Intel Remote Wake is not recognizing .

Quote"

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

Please kindly note that Remote Wake feature is supported in S3/S4 mode.

The "Power off" of Meshcentral will let the system go to S5 sate instead of S3/S4.

So that it will not be able to waken after the proedure.

Please kindly use "Hibernate" or "Sleep" instead.

Thanks for your e-mail.

Good Day,

ASRock TSD

Comment

Working...
                              X