Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1600Mhz memory on an Asrock G41M-S3 motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1600Mhz memory on an Asrock G41M-S3 motherboard?

I already have a 1333mhz memory module on my motherboard and i accidentally bought an extra 1600mhz memory module.
    The problem right now is that my computer doesn't recognize the 1600mhz module. Do i have to go back to the store to switch or is there another posibility to let the 1600mhz memory module work?

Re: 1600Mhz memory on an Asrock G41M-S3 motherboard?

The odds of the 1600 running alongside the 1333 in tandem is practically nil/zero. Mis-matched.

That and I don't believe the G41 was 1600 "ready'. Though, if the 1600 has SPD timings for 1333 it might work in single mode.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
    X