Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded to 3.10 bios, won't post, D6 error code

Hi guys,
    I've been on the 1.90 bios for quite some time on the P67 Extreme 4 and this morning I decided to upgrade to 3.10 and all I get is a black screen on boot up. I can't load windows or anything.

6950 HIS g-card
    2500k cpu
    2 X 4 gb ram 1600

Is there a compatibility issue with 3.10 and the 2500k?

How do you downgrade bios' if you can't post?

Re: Upgraded to 3.10 bios, won't post, D6 error code

Originally posted by deeselcyde View Post
    Hi guys,
    I've been on the 1.90 bios for quite some time on the P67 Extreme 4 and this morning I decided to upgrade to 3.10 and all I get is a black screen on boot up. I can't load windows or anything.

6950 HIS g-card
    2500k cpu
    2 X 4 gb ram 1600

Is there a compatibility issue with 3.10 and the 2500k?

How do you downgrade bios' if you can't post?
    Well let's see, the description for the 3.10 update is:

Supports Intel's 3rd Generation CPU.
    To support Intel's 3rd Generation (Ivy Bridge) CPU, corresponding BIOS, drivers and AXTU update are required.
    Click here to download required AXTU
    Click here to download required Intel ME

More information on this here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...er-boards.html

So you get a black screen from the start, nothing at all displayed, cannot get into the BIOS at all? Any chance you saved the 1.90 BIOS file?

Comment

Re: Upgraded to 3.10 bios, won't post, D6 error code

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Well let's see, the description for the 3.10 update is:

Supports Intel's 3rd Generation CPU.
      To support Intel's 3rd Generation (Ivy Bridge) CPU, corresponding BIOS, drivers and AXTU update are required.
      Click here to download required AXTU
      Click here to download required Intel ME

More information on this here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...er-boards.html

So you get a black screen from the start, nothing at all displayed, cannot get into the BIOS at all? Any chance you saved the 1.90 BIOS file?
      After lots of trouble shooting I put in an old 5850 gpu in and it booted right into bios. When I got my 6950, I flashed it to a 6970 on the second bios, which I have been running for quite some time. For some reason when I try running it as the 6970 it will not recognize the card. In turn, flipping the switch over to the other bios it will boot right up. Very weird. Not that big of a deal though because I'm going to be getting a new card in the next couple of months.

I had to completely redo my bios, which hasn't been touched in at least 1.5 years. That took some time. I'm running stable currently at 4.7 ghz.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
      X