No announcement yet.

F-stream - FAN-Tastic Tuning underclocks my GPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-stream - FAN-Tastic Tuning underclocks my GPU?

Hello. I have overclocked my i7 4770k from 3.50ghz to 4.4ghz and temp running fine.
    BUT - whenever I apply the FAN tuning and it calms down it resets to normal again?

I appricate all help.
    Last edited by Ecron; 11-22-2013, 09:17 PM.

Re: F-stream - FAN-Tastic Tuning underclocks my GPU?

Originally posted by Ecron View Post
    Hello. I have overclocked my i7 4770k from 3.50ghz to 4.4ghz and temp running fine.
    BUT - whenever I apply the FAN tuning and it calms down it resets to normal again?

I appricate all help.
    Not sure what ASRock board you have, obviously a Z87 board, are you using Formula Drive or A-Tuning?

When you say "...it calms down it resets to normal again", do you mean the processor/CPU speed? You wrote "GPU" in the title, which is the graphics, so which one is it?

IF the CPU speed is resetting, it could be several things:

CPU power saving options are enabled and have lowered the speed at low CPU load.

When you start Formula Drive to use FAN-tastic tuning, you have the "Auto apply when program runs" option checked in the OC Tweaker screen. The settings in the OC Tweaker screen do not match those in the BIOS, so your OC changes, if that is what is happening.

When you start Formula Drive, you are selecting or it is automatically selecting a different Operation Mode, which is really a Windows Power Plan, that will change how your CPU operates under load.

You have not given us much information about what you are doing and using, so hard to give you a good answer.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Not sure what ASRock board you have, obviously a Z87 board, are you using Formula Drive or A-Tuning?

When you say "...it calms down it resets to normal again", do you mean the processor/CPU speed? You wrote "GPU" in the title, which is the graphics, so which one is it?

IF the CPU speed is resetting, it could be several things:

CPU power saving options are enabled and have lowered the speed at low CPU load.

When you start Formula Drive to use FAN-tastic tuning, you have the "Auto apply when program runs" option checked in the OC Tweaker screen. The settings in the OC Tweaker screen do not match those in the BIOS, so your OC changes, if that is what is happening.

When you start Formula Drive, you are selecting or it is automatically selecting a different Operation Mode, which is really a Windows Power Plan, that will change how your CPU operates under load.

You have not given us much information about what you are doing and using, so hard to give you a good answer.
      Sorry I ment CPU.

It's z87 fatal1ty killer motherboard. The CPU speed resets yes, from 4.5ghz to normal (3.9ghz)
      Auto apply when program runs is off. In the program it says that my CPU is 4.5ghz after I overclocked it yeah, but when I apply the fan it resets.
      I apply this fan only to adjust the fan speed because its so noisy... And I have a friend of mine who does the same thing with the fan apply but his CPU speed doesnt reset.

Well I have been playing games etc and it stays at 4.5, but as soon as I press apply it resets to 3.9ghz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecron View Post
        Sorry I ment CPU.

It's z87 fatal1ty killer motherboard. The CPU speed resets yes, from 4.5ghz to normal (3.9ghz)
        Auto apply when program runs is off. In the program it says that my CPU is 4.5ghz after I overclocked it yeah, but when I apply the fan it resets.
        I apply this fan only to adjust the fan speed because its so noisy... And I have a friend of mine who does the same thing with the fan apply but his CPU speed doesnt reset.

Well I have been playing games etc and it stays at 4.5, but as soon as I press apply it resets to 3.9ghz.
        Does your friend have the same board as you? Are the BIOS settings the same, identical? Is he using F-Stream? I've never used F-Stream so I don't know what its settings are like.

What is showing you that the CPU speed changes from 4.5 to 3.9?

Does the CPU multiplier in the BIOS change from 45 to 39 if you go into the BIOS after using FAN-tastic tuning?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          Does your friend have the same board as you? Are the BIOS settings the same, identical? Is he using F-Stream? I've never used F-Stream so I don't know what its settings are like.

What is showing you that the CPU speed changes from 4.5 to 3.9?

Does the CPU multiplier in the BIOS change from 45 to 39 if you go into the BIOS after using FAN-tastic tuning?
          Yeah he has the same board. BIOS settings no, he uses a program (the ones followed, F-stream) and overclockes with that. I just like doing it in BIOS.
          He is using that yeah. I have CPU-Z, Core Temp 1.0 and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and all of those are showing my Ghz. So all of them are 4.5ghz but when I apply the fan it resets.
          Maybe its because the temp is getting too high when the fan is not that "high speed"? and it resets by it self?

I reseted my PC now and it says 4.5 in bios and when I log on the comp its 4.5 again. Because the fan is back to what it was.

Comment

Strange, could be a bug in F-Stream.

I have seen the CPU fan speed set to Full On when certain OC settings are set in the BIOS, but never had the multiplier change to a lower value when the CPU fan speed was reduced.

So what temps are you seeing in IXTU, and Core Temp? What CPU cooler are you using?

Comment

Working...
            X