Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock FM2 A85X EXTREME 6 wakes up on keyboard

Hi,

Anyone knowing why i can turn on my pc from keyboard, even if the option is disabled from bios?
    I have the latest bios firmware.
    ASRock > FM2A85X Extreme6

Thanks in advance.

Re: ASRock FM2 A85X EXTREME 6 wakes up on keyboard

Originally posted by dacul View Post
    Hi,

Anyone knowing why i can turn on my pc from keyboard, even if the option is disabled from bios?
    I have the latest bios firmware.
    ASRock > FM2A85X Extreme6

Thanks in advance.
    Did you find a solution to this question? I have an ASRock Z87 extreme 6 with latest BIOS and I have the same problem, the PC keeps turning on from shutdown (not sleep) when I push the keyboard or click the mouse, and yes I also have this disabled on the BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by imac20051 View Post
      Did you find a solution to this question? I have an ASRock Z87 extreme 6 with latest BIOS and I have the same problem, the PC keeps turning on from shutdown (not sleep) when I push the keyboard or click the mouse, and yes I also have this disabled on the BIOS.
      Sounds like a BIOS bug, I'll need to try that. I assume you are using a wired USB keyboard?

OTOH, the OP's system and ours are quite different, and I'm using Windows 8, what are you using?

My wireless keyboard and mouse will not wake the same board from Sleep, but does so on other boards.

Comment

Yes, but I waited to see if someone from ASRock would find a solution. ASRock lacks on support and quality.

OK, here is what you have to do. Go to BIOS and disable Suspend to RAM feature. That's it.

You will find it on the Advanced tab >> ACPI Configuration >> here i disabled everything beside the ACPI and CSM and the Restore on AC/Power Loss is turned off.

Hope this is a solution for you also. At least at the same day that I made this post I did like I said to you and all is fine now. When I had win7 with an earlier version of bios all was fine, but I changed to win 8.1 and with the latest bios, I turned in this problem.

Regards
        Last edited by dacul; 12-04-2013, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X