No announcement yet.

ASRock H87M Pro4 How to set up USB Key Password?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock H87M Pro4 How to set up USB Key Password?

Hi,

I have a ASRock H87M Pro4 motherboard and cannot find anywhere how to set up the USB Key Password.

This is the feature I am referring to:
    "In a world where time is money, why waste precious time everyday typing usernames to log in to Windows? Why should we even bother memorizing those foot long passwords? Nobody has time for that! Just plug in the USB Key and let your computer log in to windows automatically!"

Can anyone help?
    Thanks

Re: ASRock H87M Pro4 How to set up USB Key Password?

Download and install the A-Tuning Utility for your MB and proper OS.

Then:
    Open A-Tuning and navigate to the Tools tab, select "USB Key"
    Insert a USB stick and click Rescan and the stick should show in the list of Devices
    The Account list has a drop down box, select the User and enter their password in the Password box
    Click Enable in the lower right
    IMPORTANT STEP Then in the Settings tab click the box titled "Auto run at Windows Startup"

That's it. On next use, insert the usb stick, boot up, and Windows will start with that users credentials, w/o the need to enter anything at the log in screen.
    Last edited by - wardog -; 11-24-2013, 06:04 AM. Reason: added - for your MB and proper OS.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Ah thank you so much! I'd installed the A Tuning utility from the CD which didn't have the USB option under Tools. The version I got from the website has more options :)

Quick question about security if I may...
      Will people be able to access my computer remotely while I have this USB key logon enabled when I have Splashtop2 installed for remote desktop access?

Comment

I'm not familiar with Splashtop. My board, FM2A88X Extreme6+, uses SunLogin. Though, same functions, both using WoL.

The USB Key util "should' only affect console logins. Meaning logins while sitting next to the computer with their own usb stick inserted. If a usb stick isn't inserted it will prompt for a user name and password. I haven't played around with the "Lock ....." option in USB Key. That option may interfere with remoting in but in all honesty I can't say for sure. Seems like it would though.

Did that answer your question?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks yeah with the USB key inserted it was letting me connect with Splashtop remotely with no password. I found more security settings within Splashtop to set up access codes. I think it's all good now!

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it,

Agatha

Comment

TY. T'was my pleasure.

Comment

Working...
            X