Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X79-UD5 - low network speed if OC FSB

Hi all,

I've noticed with the latest official BIOS F13w (and F13z from here) that an old issue seems to have returned. Before anyone asks I was having some issues with very slow booting to BIOS screen before I updated. Solved the issue after the update - never happened before but it was a faulty monitor that was causing the issue. Since the monitor has been replaced it's booting as fast as ever.

Anyway, back to my issue with the network. I nearly had my cable company out to do line tests as my 100Mbit cable connection suddenly dropped to 10Mbit. Here is what I get on the network with everything at stock other than BCLK/PCIe Clock:

BCLK @ Auto = 99 - 100Mbit
    BCLK @ 101 = 10 - 15Mbit
    BCLK @ 102 = 8 - 10Mbit
    BCLK @ 103 = 5 -6 Mbit
    BCLK @ 104 = 2 Mbit if lucky

Just wondering is anyone else can replicate with the latest BIOS? Also, anyone smarter than me (not too hard :)) explain why this could be happening and how the BIOS would have re-introduced this issue that had been solved since F13d?

Thanks

Mick
    Last edited by - wardog -; 01-23-2014, 07:11 PM. Reason: correct title misspelling

Re: GA-X79-UD5 - low netwrok speed if OC FSB

Bump

Can anyone confirm or otherwise with this board? Any help much appreciated as Gigabyte deny any problem but I can reproduce quite easily.

Thanks
    Mick

Comment

Working...
    X