GA-H81M-S2PV memory problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-H81M-S2PV memory problems

Hi, I have a new GA-H81M-S2PV MB & I cant get it to boot with 2 x CML4GX3M1A1600C9 Corsair 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance Low Profile DIMM 9-9-9-24 240-pin

Will boot with one in fist slot but if add second chip to second slot it does not boot and beeps then restarts.
    Will do the same with one chip only in second slot eg. not boot, beep & restart. boots ok with one chip first slot.

I have also tried 2 x ARAM4GB 1333D3V with same failures
    Also 2 x Corsair Corsair 4GB (1x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 DIMM 9-9-9-24 240-pin, same failures

and 1 x Corsair CMV8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Unbuffered CL9 in first slot, boots OK but only reads as 4GB.

Is this MB faulty or am I using the wrong ram?
    Ram tested & working in different MB OK.

Thanks
    Garry

Re: GA-H81M-S2PV memory problems

Originally posted by mudgee.garry View Post
    and 1 x Corsair CMV8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz Unbuffered CL9 in first slot, boots OK but only reads as 4GB.
    Ya lost me there in saying that. 1 4GB stick in first slot would read as 4GB.

Have you tried building it outside of the case on the bare MB box and see if runs there? Baring that, I'd probably pull the CPU and inspect the "pins' of the socket with a magnifying glass to be sure none went askew.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: GA-H81M-S2PV memory problems

Thanks Wardog,

Ya lost me there in saying that. 1 4GB stick in first slot would read as 4GB
      typo - well a lazy cut & paste typo, Its an 8gb stick.

I'll check the CPU, just need to get a magnifying glass first.

Comment

Working...
      X