Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z87E ITX Mini ITX Not connecting to internet

Hello,

I purchased a Z87E ITX Mini ITX last night. I installed UBUNTU 12.04 as an OS. However, when I attempted to connect it through a wired connection to the internet it was unable to connect.

I then exited from the OS and upon restarting entered into the UEFI management system. From there I attempted to connect to the internet to send a support ticket. However, I was unable to establish an internet conenct through the UEFI system. I have used the wire that I am using to connect the mother board to the router in other systems and it works fine.

My initial thought was that the Linux OS didn't have the necessary drivers, but that should affect the UEFI system.

Any thoughts on what this could be?

Re: Z87E ITX Mini ITX Not connecting to internet

Originally posted by otter111a View Post
    Hello,

I purchased a Z87E ITX Mini ITX last night. I installed UBUNTU 12.04 as an OS. However, when I attempted to connect it through a wired connection to the internet it was unable to connect.

I then exited from the OS and upon restarting entered into the UEFI management system. From there I attempted to connect to the internet to send a support ticket. However, I was unable to establish an internet conenct through the UEFI system. I have used the wire that I am using to connect the mother board to the router in other systems and it works fine.

My initial thought was that the Linux OS didn't have the necessary drivers, but that should affect the UEFI system.

Any thoughts on what this could be?
    Did you mean "shouldn't" affect the UEFI system? If so, it will affect it on a system with no driver installed whether in an OS or UEFI/BIOS. Mine did not work on a different ASR Z87 board until the Intel network driver was installed, and that on Windows. The networking Option ROM does not seem to function on its own until either the board's chipset software is installed, or the network driver.

The Intel NIC on your board is a new model (I217V) that really works with an ethernet controller on the Z87 chipset. No native OS drivers available for it, except possibly in Win 8.1 recently.

You could try this driver directly from Intel, but I'm not sure if it is compatible with your flavor of Linux:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&DownloadType=

Comment

Working...
    X