Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK FM2A88X Extreme6+ Rear panel HDMI and HD Audio out Jacks not working

NEW Home Theater build

HDMI VIDEO WORKS HDMI AUDIO DOES NOT WORK. The audio from the headphone jack on the front panel does work. !!!CORRECTION!!! The HD Audio output Jacks on the rear panel !!!DO!!! work. No way of testing the optical audio.

Attempting to correct problem have updated all drivers from ASROCK site. I have updated bios to 2.70. I have replaced HDMI cable and confirmed it works with Audio from another source. Under control panel AUDIO Shows "AMD HIGH DEFINITION DEVICE NOT PLUGGED IN" and so will not let me choose HDMI audio . Checked all bios settings to make sure audio is enabled.

Any idea whats going on??? Thanks

Configuration --- Motherboard ASROCK FM2A88X Extreme6+ --- CPU AMD A10 7850K 4G 4M FM2+ 95W R --- MEMORY Kingston Model KHX24C11T2K2/8X --- HARDDISK Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow plus 2 x Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Ca SATA --- Blu-ray ASUS BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS 12X Blu-ray --- OS Windows 8.1 Pro --- PSU SILVERSTONE ST55F-G 550W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply ---- Case SILVERSTONE LC16BM-USB3.0 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case
    Last edited by nilocrenrew; 01-25-2014, 01:01 PM. Reason: CORRECTION

Re: ASROCK FM2A88X Extreme6+ Rear panel HDMI and HD Audio out Jacks not working

Not sure if THIS will help you there or not.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: ASROCK FM2A88X Extreme6+ Rear panel HDMI Audio not working Video does

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Not sure if THIS will help you there or not.
      Thanks --- tried that the HDMI connections are greyed out even when the cable is connected so I can not choose them therefore they do not show up in the applications as a choice

NOTE the hd audio connections are working. The TV I have it connected to defaults to HDMI sound if a cable is plugged in.

Comment

In Device Manager, is there a ! noting a problem device?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          In Device Manager, is there a ! noting a problem device?
          Everything looks good in device manager no problem devices

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

Heard back from ASROCK support who just said send it back!!

Moving on with a Gigabyte board.

Thanks again

Comment

I bought this same board to use in a HTPC build, and the HDMI audio out function is not working on my board, either. My system is essentially identical to the system described above. 8 GB Ram DDR3-2133, Pioneer BDR-2209, Windows 8.1 x64, Samsung 128 GB 840 EVO, Seasonic Platinum 660 XP2. BIOS flashed from 1.6 to 2.7, drivers from the driver disk that came with the board. I am contacting ASRock support about this, but I am going to return it.

I really liked everything else about this board, but not having HDMI audio out is a show-stopper for me.

Comment

Originally posted by wiyosaya View Post
                I bought this same board to use in a HTPC build, and the HDMI audio out function is not working on my board, either. My system is essentially identical to the system described above. 8 GB Ram DDR3-2133, Pioneer BDR-2209, Windows 8.1 x64, Samsung 128 GB 840 EVO, Seasonic Platinum 660 XP2. BIOS flashed from 1.6 to 2.7, drivers from the driver disk that came with the board. I am contacting ASRock support about this, but I am going to return it.

I really liked everything else about this board, but not having HDMI audio out is a show-stopper for me.
                Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4 works perfect and you get 2 extra 3.0 usb ports on front panel

Comment

Originally posted by nilocrenrew View Post
                  Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4 works perfect and you get 2 extra 3.0 usb ports on front panel
                  Many thanks for the info on the GA-F2A88X-UP4. I was thinking about getting the Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X as it explicitly says in the manual that it supports HDMI LPCM audio out. However, I like the features of the GA-F2A88X-UP4 more. The manual for the GA-F2A88X-UP4 also says that it supports 192KHz/24-bit 8-channel LPCM audio output, too. Did the GA-F2A88X-UP4 support your A10-7850K out of the box? Where did you get it? Also, what did you do with your Windows 8.1 install to get it to run on the new MB? It is my understanding that if an OEM copy of 8.1 is activated, it may not activate again. My copy activated itself when I installed it on the E6+ MB. Thanks. PS - Please PM me if you think these questions are off-topic. One last question, how tall is the heat sink in front of the APU socket and behind the rear I/O panel? I may have a clearance issue with my CPU cooler if it is over 25mm or so.
                  Last edited by wiyosaya; 02-05-2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

UPDATE - I got the HDMI audio output working on the FM2A88X Extreme6+.

Here's the story. I heard from AS Rock tech support, and they recommended that I install the vga driver found here. To make the long story short, I had downloaded the current APU driver from the AMD site, and installed it. However, I must have left something out as I usually always do a custom install. This time, I left all the installation selections at their default setting - which installs everything - and the HDMI audio output is now working.

Unfortunately, it sounds like your board was defective.

Comment

Working...
                    X