X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Key not working

My USB key feature is not working.
    I have followed the steps in this post

Yet when i boot it still asks for my password, i am the only user, i have tried multiple USB ports and 2 different flash drive both have been formatted
    also my numlock wont stay on either, every other setting stays but those 2.

Yes, i clicked enable, it said password entered successfully or something to that effect, and i have checked run upon startup in the settings. (which is quite annoying to have that thing pop
    up every time i log ion)

I cant figure it out, there on seem to be only 3 posts on the subject so it seems others can get it to work.

Re: USB Key not working

What motherboard is it you have? Check that the usb stick is formatted FAT32 as I believe that's the trick.

Also, do you have any security software that may be locking down the usb ports?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

i am running Asrock Z87 Extreme4, i have tried to format to FAT32 and still noting. I dont believe i have anything for USB security

Comment

Hmmm .........

It looks like, for whatever reasons, ASRock released quite a few revisions of A-Tuning for your board. ie: quite a few BETA releases before they apparently got it right

If you're not already running the the latest version 2.0.44 available from the Download pages for this motherboard uninstall the old version you have, reboot, and install the 2.0.44 version and retry.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I do believe i have the up to date version. I downloaded straight from there page on Thursday. I cant seem to find anything on it.

Comment

Problem fixed i contacted Asrock and they told me to update my bois to 2.70 which came out yesterday. I did and it worked. So far it seems stable. I will post if i notice any abnormalities.

Comment

Working...
            X