Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 960GC-GS FX Latest Bios Wont Stay In Sleep Mode

Hi Folks
    just got this board quite impressed apart from it wont stay asleep ive tried disabling mouse and keyboard too allow them too wake the pc along with all the other settings in power settings any help would be greatly recieved
    IF IT AIN'T BROKE
    DON'T FIX IT

Re: ASRock 960GC-GS FX Latest Bios Wont Stay In Sleep Mode

Have you checked and disabled the wake on LAN settings for the Realtek 8111G chip in Device Manager?

Your thread title seems to say that the latest BIOS has this problem, so did previous versions Sleep fine?

Comment

hi thanks for your swift reply

I have just got this motherboard the bios was p1.30 I think
      normally I never update the bios on motherboards unless its needed I normally leave well alone but as I have this problem I thought I would give it a shot as I've exhausted all other avenues disabled every setting I can think of so far I am running a 64bit win pro
      over the weekend I might try a reinstall to the 32bit version just in case this board don't like 64bit you never know LOl on a side note I was running a FOXCONN MBoard 6150M2MA-KRS2H from 2006 until now 2014 the caps blew last week and it was whey faster than this board I swapped out the cpu and ram etc too this board however I do understand I need too tweak the settings but if I cant get the sleep mode sorted its going back too the shop
      thanks again for your input
      PS
      please note: I have got it too the stage that most times it will go into sleep mode and wakes too record my tv stuff but then fails to go back into sleep mode so progress of sorts
      Last edited by ArferDaley; 02-06-2014, 08:04 AM.
      IF IT AIN'T BROKE
      DON'T FIX IT

Comment

ok update on the above
        after messing with all the settings in bios and a complete format and reinstall of w7pro 64bit still the same fault
        so I reformatted again this time installing w7pro 32bit and hey presto sleep mode works fine
        ive lost 1Gb of memory but hey no big deal atleast my pc don't have sleepless nights anymore
        and too be honest as most infact all of my software that I use is 32bit all is well
        also I think that 64bit actually ran a tad slower on this board
        moderator me thinks you can close this thread :)
        Last edited by ArferDaley; 02-12-2014, 10:33 AM. Reason: after thought
        IF IT AIN'T BROKE
        DON'T FIX IT

Comment

Working...
        X