Asrock C2750D4i No post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock C2750D4i No post

Hello I have C2750D4I and I am having issues trying to get it to post. I have tried several different types of ram: Micron MT36KSF2G72PZ-1G4D1FF (16GB PC3L-10600R), Hynix SK HMT42GR7MFR4A-H9 (16gb PC3L0106500R) and a set of Patriot sector 5 memory ModelPGB38G1600ELK (DDr3 1600MHZ 4gb). All of these sticks of memory have been tried from 1-4 sticks in all the slots and the board will not post. It will power on and i can access the IPMI but it get no video output at all. I have cleared the bios several times on all the ram but have had no luck. I dont know what version bios this has because IPM doesnt tell me and I cant get it to boot. I have also swaped the power supply for a new one and it still wont post. Any help getting this running would be a great help thanks

Slowreload

Re: Asrock C2750D4i No post

If you were to look at the board the BIOS revision it came from the factory with is plainly printed on a white sticker that covers it.

Right above DDR3_B1 and next to the heatsink.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I will get that information as soon as I get home today. Any idea why i cannot get the board to post?

Comment

I checked and i have version 1.5 bios on the board.

Comment

Are you using ECC unbuffered RAM? Is any of your RAM listed in the Memory QVL ASRock Rack > C2750D4I QVL? Your Hynix SK HMT42GR7MFR4A-H9 memory is a 16GB but the only 16GB memory ASRock has validated is from Memphis.

Comment

Hello The ram I am using is fully buffered and is not on the memory list. Ram that is on that list is hard to come by in the US. Does this board work with buffered ecc ram?

Comment

I am seeing almost the same thing.
              I got 2 sticks of Kingston KVR16N11/8 , which according to Kingston should work OK with this board.
              With no HD, and both sticks (in blue slot) I booted up, and after a quite long slience I got into to bios. I looked around, and added auto settings to the BMC network port. After doing this, and restarting the computer, it never display anything on the monitor. I also notice that my usb keyboard does not get any electricity (no LED lights).

I can however go to the ip-address given to the computer by the dhcp. I am presented with a login screen, but I admin/admin does not work.
              I dont know the bios version, but I do know that there was an option do enable and disable ECC, which I saw on asrock.com was a feature added in the latest bios.
              <EDIT>The sticker says 1.40 15B</EDIT>

I have tried to reset the cmos, by removing the battery and shortening the small cresent shaped metal thing where the diagram says CLEARCMOS. However, since I can still access the computer via the address provided with DHCP I'm not 100% sure that the reset was successful.

Any help would be gratefully accepted, I had the computer up and running, changed the BMC config and now its just fans, leds on the motherboard and black screen.

/Bjorn
              Last edited by bjorn; 02-24-2014, 07:09 PM. Reason: Added bios info

Comment

Bjorn, please contact me at [email protected]. I will walk you through the BMC reset. Please also indicate your forum ID name in the email so I will be aware of whom I have initiated with the assistance. Thank you!

Comment

Message sent!

/Björn

Comment

Originally posted by slowreload View Post
                    Hello The ram I am using is fully buffered and is not on the memory list. Ram that is on that list is hard to come by in the US. Does this board work with buffered ecc ram?
                    No, this board does NOT support buffered memmory (RDIMM). It only supports UDIMM with or without ECC.
                    I bought RDIMM to this board at first but had to send them back and bought the exact same model but UDIMM ECC. My memory is not on the supported list but it works without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenus View Post
                      No, this board does NOT support buffered memmory (RDIMM). It only supports UDIMM with or without ECC.
                      I bought RDIMM to this board at first but had to send them back and bought the exact same model but UDIMM ECC. My memory is not on the supported list but it works without a problem.
                      Correct; this board doesn't support RDIMM. We are working to expand the variety in the memory QVL of this board. Meanwhile, users can try to look up the memory by using the "Memory finder" offered in memory makers' website.

Comment

And now I'm getting problems with the Java IPMI client.
                        The app launches, but 99/100 times I just get a black screen (not scaled down to the screen resolution but just a big black screen). I get a propper screenshot from the small java applet on the main page of the IPMI-webpage, and I can also see that keystrokes done through the IPMI-client are sent to the computer. Pausing and unpausing the screen-transfer (in the java client) does nothing. Also the power settings are not read correctly, though I can sometimes turn it on and of correctly.

When I restart the computer a lot of times I get two warning that the CPU is overheating, though through the BIOS (and the IPMI webpage) I set that its at around 48degC.

Are these anomalies common and known, or am I the only one getting these kinds of problems?

/Björn

Comment

Yes. I am having similar issues. I cannot get anything on the monitor attached to the VGA port, nor anything on IPMI. ONE time I got them, and I assumed it was from tweaking some bios settings. Turns out I was wrong and looking through kern.log I can clearly see that there is some driver issue with the ASPEED AST2300 video controller :(

The one time it DID work, no errors in the log pertaining to the graphics driver

Comment

with 'nomodset' kernel option in grub I was able to "turn off" the device specific driver and use the default VESA driver. No issues anymore with the graphics

Comment

Originally posted by nimbus1 View Post
                              with 'nomodset' kernel option in grub I was able to "turn off" the device specific driver and use the default VESA driver. No issues anymore with the graphics
                              Hi, i have the same problem.
                              Please, can you explain the steps to resolve this issue?
                              Are many months I'm trying to use the motherboard, always no video...
                              Please, step by step...

Comment

Working...
                              X