Bios ID Check Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios ID Check Error

I am new here. I am trying to update my bios because my computer is crashing trying to run a video conversion program. I think/hope my comps info will show up after posting this. After doing research regarding this subject the end result that I have found has always been that people have tried to flash bios with an update that was not for their motherboard. I know I have the right download based on my motherboard and rev 1.0. I send to and extract the download onto my usb thumb drive fat32 file system. I plug it into my usb and restart comp. I go into Q-Flash and I see my usb drive and click on the ex58ud3r.f9 file and it says "reading bios file". Then 5 seconds later it says "BIOS ID check error". I have done this several times with multiple bios update versions. I also have pressed f7 to load with optimized settings before hand. At this point I am at a loss as to what to do or try. I have version 4 at the present. I do not want to use the @bios live update utility until I have exhausted all other avenues. I have a ex58-ud3r rev1 motherboard. And a 920 processor.

I remember filling out a bunch of boxes specifying my comp and internals. How do I get that to show up here?
    Last edited by sleepyeddie; 02-23-2014, 02:10 PM.

Re: Bios ID Check Error

I think you have to do a one off flash using @ios,this is to also update qflash so that it can flash bios's larger than 2mb,once done you can go back to flashing with qflash

if it crashed while convertingits more than likely a qpi/vtt voltage or cpu voltage not enough
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Bios ID Check Error

Sorry I didn`t get back to you earlier. I work 4 11`s and am exhausted after work. I did what you suggested and now have bios version 9. I`ll see if I can convert video without computer shutting off. If not I`ll see what I can find out about the increasing of voltage if possible. Thank you for your expertise.

Comment

Working...
      X