Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to download older versions of Intel VGA driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to download older versions of Intel VGA driver?

Recently completed a build with a Z87 Extreme4 and was puzzled why on idle, I was getting ~75% CPU usage on core 0.

I started from a fresh install and started adding drivers one by one until this problem popped up.

It started happening after I installed the VGA(v15.33.1.64.3277) drivers.

According to the Intel site, this has happened to other folks as well.

So I'm trying to track down older versions of the VGA driver to test.

Where can I find an archive of the older VGA drivers?

Thanks!

Re: Where to download older versions of Intel VGA driver?

Never had that problem with my ASR Z87 EX 6 board and i5-4670K, using the on CPU graphics and that driver version. I have my CPU/core usage monitored constantly, never happened.

Old driver archive? No clue.

So you apparently think that newer Intel graphics drivers will have the same issue?

Intel only has the latest ones, here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...00&FamilyId=39

Comment

I dunno if it'd account for 75% on one core or not but is/would audio account for that? Is there any commonality amongst this groups choice of cabling/output to monitor/speakers

IE: Isn't Intels audio somehow also processed and or handled by some of the files the "graphics driver' installs?
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        I dunno if it'd account for 75% on one core or not but is/would audio account for that? Is there any commonality amongst this groups choice of cabling/output to monitor/speakers

IE: Isn't Intels audio somehow also processed and or handled by some of the files the "graphics driver' installs?
        Yes, the Intel graphics driver installation package also installs the Intel audio driver. AFAIK, there is no separate Intel audio driver installation program. If you check the Intel graphics entry in Device Manager, the Driver tab and then Details, you'll see a long list of files, dozens actually. So to target one particular driver file is to simplified.

Also, it is essential to run the chipset/INF file installation program, otherwise the components that the CPU and chipset have are not identified to other installation programs, and who knows what the result is.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          Never had that problem with my ASR Z87 EX 6 board and i5-4670K, using the on CPU graphics and that driver version. I have my CPU/core usage monitored constantly, never happened.

Old driver archive? No clue.

So you apparently think that newer Intel graphics drivers will have the same issue?

Intel only has the latest ones, here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...00&FamilyId=39
          I thought to look on the DVD that came with the Extreme4 and it had 3107 on it. That does not have this weird CPU usage problem.

Does Asrock do any validation on the Intel VGA drivers? I wasn't sure. That's why I was trying to download from the Asrock site instead of Intel's. But if the Intel drivers work fine, I'll try the latest from your link.

Thanks.

Comment

A strange problem that's for sure. I've been using the Intel graphics since I got my Z87 board, and never had this issue. Not saying you don't, and I checked that thread in the Intel forum, it seems to be rather random, MSI, Gigabyte, ASRock boards, and a Shuttle PC. I don't see a commonality in it besides several of those people using i7-4770s. I use a i5-4670K.

So many variables in PCs, difficult to nail down a basic cause. All you can do is try different versions of the driver, and see what happens.

Also, the Intel Management Engine (IME) software really needs to be installed if you don't have it now.

Comment

Yeah, it's kinda weird. I didn't notice it at first since I was installing and benchmarking my new build. But once I started to optimize the SpeedStep settings, I noticed it right away since it was preventing SpeedStep from throttling down to 800Mhz.

Then I started to rip out PCIe cards and various drivers until I decided to reimage and start from scratch. Then it was just a matter of testing after each driver installation.

The latest Intel drivers available at your link seems to be OK as well and does not suffer from this problem so I've upgraded to it from 3107.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X