HD4000 Graphics driver via windows update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD4000 Graphics driver via windows update

Hi all, Windows update is offering a new HD4000 graphics driver dated Jan 2014, I have the Intel 10.18.10.3345 version installed at the moment which I got from Intel website about 4 weeks ago its dated 31/10/2013, my question is would any of you touch the one from windows update, I have 3770K cpu and although I do sometimes get windows desktop manager random switching to basic or Aero crapping out, It only seems to be once in a blue moon, things seem to be ok other than that, I use quick sync with sony movie studio platinum 12 and it works well, so would any of you risk the windows update driver?
    Thanks
    Stephen

Re: HD4000 Graphics driver via windows update

NoooNoooNo. I stay far away from anything hardware related from Windows Update.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

And now that it comes to mind there was just a thread here discussing this exact issue, graphics driver from WU. If, IF, I recall correctly it came down to WU using a different versioning scheme for delivery, although the same Intel drivers.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Hi Thanks for the reply wardog, I will gladly stay away then, can't see any info on the version on windows update any way, and Intel still have the driver I got installed on there website..
        Thanks a lot
        Stephen

Comment

Update, I did find a newer version on Intels website

Version: 15.33.14.64.3412 Dated 01/29/2014 for windows 7(64) windows 8(64) windows 8.1(64)

Intel Link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...eng&iid=dc_rss

Read Me: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/2363..._Readme_64.txt

Release Notes: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/2363...FX_3412_64.pdf

I'm just pondering the thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-912 View Post
            I'm just pondering the thought...
            Thanks for the heads up on that new driver. I'm terrible on driver updates. If it's working as I need it, all the better I say. Same with MB BIOSes.

I'll leave you to your pondering while I head off and install that new Intel driver you linked .

Comment

Update went smooth, all working well...Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd4000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	754199

Comment

Working...
              X