Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 Wrong Temp. Sensor

Hy Everybody...

I have a problem with my mainboard, hardware monitor reporting very high temperature on MB Temperature and Processor. But, AXTU reporting correct temperatures. Even Hardware Monitor in BIOS/UEFI reporting wrong temperature on MB Temp. Sometime my PC shut down suddenly when i playing a game like Far Cry 3. This is screen shot from my PC, show different temperature report :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	756269
    My PC Specification :
    Intel Core I3 2100
    Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 (Bios P1.50)
    2 X 2GB DDR3
    Sapphire HD7790
    Corsair CX500

Thanks

Re: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 Wrong Temp. Sensor

First, some of the temperatures shown by Hardware Monitor Pro are wrong as you said. That program does not know which temperature sensors are really being used, so ignore the CPUTIN, SYSTIN, etc. If they were right your PC would either be damaged or would shut down even at idle.

You can see that the CPU temperature in AXTU matches the Core temperatures in Hardware Monitor Pro, so HW Pro is correct about that.

What temperatures are you seeing in the UEFI/BIOS?

Try this program for checking your system temperatures and many other readings: HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

The power supply voltage readings in AXTU are very high, to high if they are correct, and out of spec. See what HWiNFO64 shows for those voltages.

Also, HWiNFO will show some sensors that are not used, just like HW Pro, but most of them will be correct.

IMO, 37C for the CPU temp for your CPU is high, what are you using for a CPU cooler? What PC case are you using?

Comment

Blimey, is that vcore voltage right ? 2.040v at 1600.00MHz

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-912 View Post
        Blimey, is that vcore voltage right ? 2.040v at 1600.00MHz
        Heh, not only that but look at 3.3v, 5v, and 12v.

Something's amiss there.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          First, some of the temperatures shown by Hardware Monitor Pro are wrong as you said. That program does not know which temperature sensors are really being used, so ignore the CPUTIN, SYSTIN, etc. If they were right your PC would either be damaged or would shut down even at idle.

You can see that the CPU temperature in AXTU matches the Core temperatures in Hardware Monitor Pro, so HW Pro is correct about that.

What temperatures are you seeing in the UEFI/BIOS?

Try this program for checking your system temperatures and many other readings: HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

The power supply voltage readings in AXTU are very high, to high if they are correct, and out of spec. See what HWiNFO64 shows for those voltages.

Also, HWiNFO will show some sensors that are not used, just like HW Pro, but most of them will be correct.

IMO, 37C for the CPU temp for your CPU is high, what are you using for a CPU cooler? What PC case are you using?
          This Screen Shot from my Bios :

Name:	aa.jpg
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	754204
          It report high temperature and show very high voltage. But, i've try using digital mutimeter to measure the voltage and it seems the voltage is fine. 12V rail reported 12.1V on idle and drop to 11.97 at high load. HWInfo64 can't read voltage sensor, just like another hardware monitoring.

Comment

This is my HWInfo screen shot :

Name:	a.png
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	754205
            I'm using DeepCool Gammax S40 CPU Cooler and Dazumba D-Vito 902 Case. CPU Fan run at ~900RPM.
            Last edited by dhelazt; 03-19-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Dazumba D-Vito 902 Case. I like that hot bay this case has on top.

120mm fans galore, 5 of 'em come with, but where are you powering them from? The MB's pins using splitters, or direct from the PSU?

In the BIOS, what's the vCore set at? Suspiciously, in those screenies it isn't budging one way or the other. Just sitting there rock solid like.

Down in the lower right corner of the MB and above the SATA ports is a white sticker. What does it all say that's printed on it?

Lastly, is that S40 cooler by chance resting against the memory? Or anything else in the case?
              #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
              ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

And is this a new build or one that been running for some time now?

Comment

Originally posted by dhelazt View Post
                  This is my HWInfo screen shot :
                  [ATTACH]6664[/ATTACH]
                  I'm using DeepCool Gammax S40 CPU Cooler and Dazumba D-Vito 902 Case. CPU Fan run at ~900RPM.
                  I think the hardware sensor chip on your board has gone bad, or if you just got this board the sensor chip is defective. Your CPU would be destroyed with 2V. A few of the readings are right, but only those taken directly from the CPU, anything that is measured or controlled by the mother board is wrong. I've never seen this before.

Either return the board to the retailer, or RMA it to ASRock.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                    Dazumba D-Vito 902 Case. I like that hot bay this case has on top.

120mm fans galore, 5 of 'em come with, but where are you powering them from? The MB's pins using splitters, or direct from the PSU?

In the BIOS, what's the vCore set at? Suspiciously, in those screenies it isn't budging one way or the other. Just sitting there rock solid like.

Down in the lower right corner of the MB and above the SATA ports is a white sticker. What does it all say that's printed on it?

Lastly, is that S40 cooler by chance resting against the memory? Or anything else in the case?
                    Only 2 Fan get power from MB, and another FAN connected directly to PSU. All Voltage set to Auto, no OC. white sticker show bios Version and this my PC :

Name:	1982329_10200746436903767_1494893199_n.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	754206

I think the hardware sensor chip on your board has gone bad, or if you just got this board the sensor chip is defective. Your CPU would be destroyed with 2V. A few of the readings are right, but only those taken directly from the CPU, anything that is measured or controlled by the mother board is wrong. I've never seen this before.

Either return the board to the retailer, or RMA it to ASRock.
                    I think the sensor is gone bad, because first time i get this MB everything is fine. It's happen after i replace my old Corsair VS450 with Corsair CX500 and the sensor report incorrect values. Some hardware monitor like AIDA64 reporting correct voltage, at 1600MHz just 0.9V and at full load around 1.1-1.2V. I think this problem caused by bad sensor. One last question, this MB use Nuvoton NCT6776D but all hardware monitoring detect it as NCT6776F

Comment

This Screen Shot from my Bios :
                      [ATTACH]6663[/ATTACH]
                      It report high temperature and show very high voltage. But, i've try using digital mutimeter to measure the voltage and it seems the voltage is fine. 12V rail reported 12.1V on idle and drop to 11.97 at high load. HWInfo64 can't read voltage sensor, just like another hardware monitoring.
                      Strange, HWiNFO reads the voltage sensors fine on all the PCs I've ever used it on, never a problem reading PSU voltages. If HWiNFO cannot read the voltages on that board, that also tends to show the sensor chip is bad.

If I changed my PSU, and right afterwards the PSU voltage readings were way off like yours, I would think the PSU was bad. But if you checked the voltages with a digital multimeter, then the PSU is not the problem.

How do you know your board uses the Nuvoton NCT6776D sensor chip? NCT6776F is what is displayed by HWiNFO64 for my ASRock Z87 board, I'll check the board and see what it is but I thought it was the NCT6776F.

I wonder if a corrupted BIOS could cause this problem? If you don't mind doing a BIOS flash, you could apply BIOS 1.50 again, or the new 1.60 version as a test.

Comment

white sticker show bios Version
                        I know that. BIOS version and more. What does it say printed on it? All of it.

Comment

Strange, HWiNFO reads the voltage sensors fine on all the PCs I've ever used it on, never a problem reading PSU voltages. If HWiNFO cannot read the voltages on that board, that also tends to show the sensor chip is bad.

If I changed my PSU, and right afterwards the PSU voltage readings were way off like yours, I would think the PSU was bad. But if you checked the voltages with a digital multimeter, then the PSU is not the problem.

How do you know your board uses the Nuvoton NCT6776D sensor chip? NCT6776F is what is displayed by HWiNFO64 for my ASRock Z87 board, I'll check the board and see what it is but I thought it was the NCT6776F.

I wonder if a corrupted BIOS could cause this problem? If you don't mind doing a BIOS flash, you could apply BIOS 1.50 again, or the new 1.60 version as a test.
                          I've flash my bios with P1.60 version, and the problem is still there. Th sensor is NCT6776D is larger than NCT6776F, I see the sensor IC and it says Nuvoton NCT6776D. I feel there is something wrong with my board, but AXTU can read correct value on MB Temp, even with wrong other Temp. and Voltages.

I know that. BIOS version and more. What does it say printed on it? All of it.
                          I can't see the entire text, it covered by warranty sticker, but the last text says P1.20-15A, where P1.20 is the BIOS version

Comment

Before you file for a retailer warranty exchange or ASRock RMA.....

Double check that both the 4pin and 24pin MB power cables are secure and proper by reseating both of them.

And too, while you're reseating them check closely that all the pins where both these 4pin and 24pin plug into on the MB are in fact still pointing straight/correct and not folded over or missing.

You said this began when you changed the PSU, right?

Comment

Before you file for a retailer warranty exchange or ASRock RMA.....

Double check that both the 4pin and 24pin MB power cables are secure and proper by reseating both of them.

And too, while you're reseating them check closely that all the pins where both these 4pin and 24pin plug into on the MB are in fact still pointing straight/correct and not folded over or missing.

You said this began when you changed the PSU, right?
                              I double check it again, then everything is fine. I try some different PSU, corsair cx430, vs450, thermaltake litepower 600, and old delta psu from acer pc. something weird, all those PSU reported with same voltage, even with different models and oem. Is that possible ? that mean something wrong with the sensor IC

Comment

Working...
                              X