Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C2550D4I that wont boot (but has been working..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2550D4I that wont boot (but has been working..)

Re: C2550D4I that wont boot (but has been working..)

What is the current problem you still have by far? jviewer over IPMI or POST? What browser you are using in the Client and what version of your Java?

Comment

Originally posted by ASRockRack TSD - Bill View Post
      What is the current problem you still have by far? jviewer over IPMI or POST? What browser you are using in the Client and what version of your Java?
      well jviewer seems to work, but ether it shows 0fps and is all black and nothing happens, or it accually shows the graphics post screen, but after that its dead in the water...

but i think the problem is POST, because the system have been working, but now its not.

the event log only shows this...

4 04/04/2014 21:41:04 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped
      3 04/04/2014 21:09:19 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped
      2 04/04/2014 21:09:15 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped
      1 04/04/2014 21:06:44 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped

but that says nothing to me...

about jviewer.

i use firefox 28.00
      and java version 7 update 51

forced a ipmi restart with shutting down power. and power on.. got a few more logs then, but these are from yesterday, so they didnt show up until i rebooted?

11 04/05/2014 17:22:59 Unknown System Event System Reconfigured,OEM System Boot Event,Undetermined System Hardware Failure,Entry Added to Auxiliary Log,PEF Action - Asserted
      10 04/05/2014 17:22:59 Unknown System Event System Reconfigured,OEM System Boot Event,Undetermined System Hardware Failure,Entry Added to Auxiliary Log,PEF Action - Asserted
      9 04/05/2014 09:23:33 Unknown System Event System Reconfigured,OEM System Boot Event,Undetermined System Hardware Failure,Entry Added to Auxiliary Log,PEF Action - Asserted
      8 04/05/2014 09:23:33 Unknown System Event System Reconfigured,OEM System Boot Event,Undetermined System Hardware Failure,Entry Added to Auxiliary Log,PEF Action - Asserted
      7 04/05/2014 09:23:11 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped
      6 04/05/2014 09:22:57 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped
      5 04/05/2014 09:22:31 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped
      Last edited by stingray454; 04-05-2014, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stingray454 View Post
        well jviewer seems to work, but ether it shows 0fps and is all black and nothing happens, or it accually shows the graphics post screen, but after that its dead in the water...

but i think the problem is POST, because the system have been working, but now its not.

the event log only shows this...

4 04/04/2014 21:41:04 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped
        3 04/04/2014 21:09:19 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped
        2 04/04/2014 21:09:15 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped
        1 04/04/2014 21:06:44 Unknown OEM Record OEM timestamped

but that says nothing to me...

about jviewer.

i use firefox 28.00
        and java version 7 update 51

Since you were able to see the POST screen through jviewer, it tells me that your Java is working just right. But the WYSIWYG rule might be taking place here. Once it gets past the POST, the OS takes over to display what it is capable of. If somehow the OS doesn't work well with the onboard VGA, it wouldn't be able to show you any screen through the IPMI neither. As soon as you saw the POST in the jviewer, you can try to hit F2 to enter into the BIOS setup. You shouldn't have any problem to continue seeing the ikvm signal. If that's the case, you may want to tackle the video driver issue by using other user's method in another thread below.

Comment

Originally posted by ASRockRack TSD - Bill View Post
          Since you were able to see the POST screen through jviewer, it tells me that your Java is working just right. But the WYSIWYG rule might be taking place here. Once it gets past the POST, the OS takes over to display what it is capable of. If somehow the OS doesn't work well with the onboard VGA, it wouldn't be able to show you any screen through the IPMI neither. As soon as you saw the POST in the jviewer, you can try to hit F2 to enter into the BIOS setup. You shouldn't have any problem to continue seeing the ikvm signal. If that's the case, you may want to tackle the video driver issue by using other user's method in another thread below.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...ues-linux.html
          i updated with latest stuff from log.. since i forced a reboot.. getting you a screen shot how far i get..

i would say like 2-3 seconds after this picture is where i press f2 for bios, been there done that, but now i dont get that far...
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X