Linux (Ubuntu) on the H87/97M (pro4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux (Ubuntu) on the H87/97M (pro4)

Does anyone have linux running on the H87M or H97M motherboards? Does, sound, networking, HDMI video, etc work out of the box?

What distro's and configurations have you tried that worked/didn't work?

I googled a thread where there was an issue with the H87M on shutdown (it would restart after shutting down) the author said that a later bios took care of the issue but I can't find that web page now. Any other know issues?

Thanks!

Re: Linux (Ubuntu) on the H87/97M (pro4)

Originally posted by hbc View Post
    Does anyone have linux running on the H87M or H97M motherboards? Does, sound, networking, HDMI video, etc work out of the box?

What distro's and configurations have you tried that worked/didn't work?

I googled a thread where there was an issue with the H87M on shutdown (it would restart after shutting down) the author said that a later bios took care of the issue but I can't find that web page now. Any other know issues?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I can confirm that H87M runs perfectly on linux out of the box as I am running ASRock H87M Pro 4 with an Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3. I am currently running Arch LInux but previously had Ubuntu on it.

Cheers

Comment

Re: Linux (Ubuntu) on the H87/97M (pro4)

Originally posted by bennylb View Post
      Hi there,

I can confirm that H87M runs perfectly on linux out of the box as I am running ASRock H87M Pro 4 with an Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3. I am currently running Arch LInux but previously had Ubuntu on it.

Cheers
      Hi Bennylb,

Have you tried to performed memtest ? May i know your RAM model ?

Comment

Working...
      X