Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2750D4I random lock ups

Specs:
    C2750D4I (BMC ver. 0.14.0, BIOS ver 1.80)
    FSP Group 300W 80+ Certified Micro ATX Power Supply
    16GB SanDisk Cruzer Fit USB(ESXi 5.5u1)
    Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (VMware Datastore)
    Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600

Issue:

The server would randomly lock up. Between just a few minutes from boot to 12 hours before lock up. I can still access the IPMI and remote console in. It displays the last screen before it stalls. There are no BSOD or Purple screen crash errors.

Things I've tried:
    - removing all drives except for the ESXi boot drive (SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB USB)
    - ran memtest86+ for 8 hours with no errors.
    - swap RAM sticks
    - disable Intel C States
    - disable Intel SpeedStep
    - disabled both C States and SpeedStep
    - Flashed BIOS and BMC
    - Load default UEFI settings

I get a lot of these errors in the logs:

"System Reconfigured,OEM System Boot Event,Undetermined System Hardware Failure,Entry Added to Auxiliary Log,PEF Action - Asserted"

The time on the motherboard loses the correct time.

Re: C2750D4I random lock ups

Originally posted by chanster View Post
    The time on the motherboard loses the correct time.
    Is this a new build or one that been running fine for awhile and just now began exhibiting this?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: C2750D4I random lock ups

New build. I believe the lock up causes the time to become incorrect. Even with NTP enabled, it is wrong after I reboot after lockup. It does not reync to NTP correctly.

Comment

Working...
      X