Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware or Software Problem?

I have a problem with an Asus K55VD.
    Original OS: Windows 7 64 bits Professional.
    I upgraded my PC 2 months ago to Windows 8.1 64 bits.

Here is a description of my issue:
    Two days ago I realized that something strange was happening. When I selected a folder in the Desktop several folders were selected at the same time. If I pressed a number it puts the symbols instead of the numbers (for example, if I pressed 1 the computer put !).
    It seemed to be the Shift key stucked all the time.
    I analyzed my PC with Kaspersky and some viruses were found and deleted. I used an Anti-Malware and it fixed some issues found.
    However, I still had that strange behaviour.
    I connected an external keyboard, but I still had the same problem. Thus, I formatted my hard disk and deleted all partitions.
    Then I installed OpenSuse instead of Windows, but I still have the same problem.

I don't know if this is a hardware issue or a virus did something with my BIOS or Hard Disk.

Please advise. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Re: Hardware or Software Problem?

Sounds like your keyboard went bad. I don't think your system has a "Fn" button to disable the keyboard so you're probably gonna have to get dirty and disconnect it from the internal connection then connect the external keyboard to see if that at least resolves the issue. If so then replace the keyboard and go from there.

Comment

Re: Hardware or Software Problem?

From an asus tablet memo me173 android 4.2 -user .
      It' s the second time i 've encountered this problem with my wi fi connection. My wi fi network works just fine ,but i just cannot connect to the network. I use tether and usually works fine. Cant connect to any hotspots either. The first time i had this problem, i had to erase everything from my tablet. Is there any other way? Please help , cause its too much trouble doing this everytime this happens. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X