Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win8 System Backup; Recovery/EFI Partition(???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win8 System Backup; Recovery/EFI Partition(???)

I recently purchased new Acer laptop with Win8 installed. I was planning to make a system backup with my Acronis True Image Live DVD. The reason is the same as the reason I made Win7 system backups for my previous laptop and desktop PC. I want install some software which require online activation and can only be installed up 3 PCs. After restoring the backup, the activation is preserved so I'm saved from the hassle of contacting technical support over activation issues. I've never seen or dealt with Recovery Partition and EFI system partition before on my Win7 PC as I reformat and installed the OS myself.

This is my question:
    1. If I go ahead with the backup process, will everything boot and run normally after restoring the new backup to the system partition (C:\) with Acronis? I'm concerned if it is affected by the EFI partition.
    2. What exactly is a Recovery Partition? Some soft of system backup made by OEM? Is there a way to delete the Recovery Partition?
    3. Are there any consequences for attempting to delete the EFI partition as well?
    Attached Files
Working...
X