VisionX 420D Pre-Purchase Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VisionX 420D Pre-Purchase Questions

I am looking to purchase the AsRock VisionX 420D system, but I will need to upgrade the processor to an i7 quad core processor. I am not able to purchase in the US the i7-4702M tested for the unit on the AsRock site, but I am able to purchase a variant, i7-4702MQ Quad Core 2.2GHz FCPGA946. Will this one work?

I would prefer a bit more power such as the i7 i7-4900MQ 2.80 GHz processor (socket PGA-946), which I am also able to purchase, but no information about compatibility exists on the AsRock site. If anyone has had experience with it, please let me know.

If it is important to know, I will be installing Linux Mint 17 as the operating system.

Thanks in advance for your help, It will be most appreciated.

Dan

Re: VisionX 420D Pre-Purchase Questions

Unless I'm misreading your post and or ASRocks CPU Support List for the Haswell VisionX series, that i7-4702MQ (C0) shows up in the CPU Support List for that VisionX
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Wardog, thank you for the response. You did not misread my post. I should have been more specific concerning the i7-4702MQ processor. I thought that the (CO) after the processor number on the AsRock CPU support list might refer to some special variant. I could not find any information as to what it might mean. I want to make sure I purchase a compatible processor. I assume from your response that it is not significant.

Thanks again! <label for="rb_iconid_7"></label>

Comment

Seeings the 4702MQ was released 2nd Qtr of 2013 you should be golden.

SR15J, and stay away from those engineering samples on eBay.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X